"I-I don't know where they are, sir." She stated, her hands gesturing to the double sided mirror. "When I went to take them their coffee they weren't in there.." Joker glanced at the mirror, then back at _____. Her gaze fell back down to her feet, feeling small compared to the clown. Joker reached out and grabbed the coffee cup, raising it as if he were to make a toast.

"Well it would be uh, a damn shame to have the coffee go to waste. Especially when made by a beautiful woman." He took a sip of the hot brew, fresh and black. Joker tapped on the table, gesturing for her to sit across from him. "Come, won't you join me? I've been sitting here for uh.. a bit, all by myself." His lips twitched a grin, watching her squirm under his gaze.

"I should get back.. maybe find someone to tend to y-"

"And miss an opportunity like this?" Joker furrowed his brow, tilting his head whiling looking up at her. "Not a chance, sweetheart, take a seat.." He again gestured to the seat in front of him.

This was it.

_____ hesitately walked to the chair and sat down in front of Joker, her hands firmly in her lap and her gaze boring into the table. She could feel his stare on her; studying every curve, every flaw and read her as though she were an open book. She could feel goosebumps on her bare skin. The man before her was a murderer, taking pleasure in bringing Gotham to its knees. He was the clown prince. And she was just an assistant. She had no defense. No martial art. He could easily break her. The only thing keeping her safe, were the handcuffs..

"Have a coffee with me. Not like anyone else will be enjoying it." Joker chuckled to himself, his foot tapping against the floor again. He watched her slowly reach for a cup, pulling it from the carrier and set it down in front of her. "Ya know, uh.. there's no reason to be so timid, sweetheart." He pulled at his restraints, the jingling making _____ flinch. If he were to break free from those, there's no telling what he'd do. He was unpredictable. He was a dangerous man. "So they've forgotten about me.." Joker sighed dramatically, rolling his eyes and leaning forward. "And after I was so eager to tell them what was gonna happen next."

______ thought she could hear Gordon mentally scream at himself for this.

This clown had to have been bullshitting her. Tell them? Yeah right. The guy was basically begging to be beaten before he would give anything away.

"You just can't rely on anyone now a days." Joker shrugged and took another sip. _____ watched him curiously. What was he on about? Joker seemed to notice her questioning stare and leaned back as much as he could. "Penny for your thoughts?"

"I don't understand.. I mean.. I'm just an assistant.. I wouldn't know anything about you.." _____ brushed her hair behind her ear. She went to stand up but Joker gestured her to stay seated. Even though she was free to leave any moment, she stayed. Joker leaned forward, eyeing her carefully.

"No.. you wouldn't." He licked his lips at her. "And uh, it's best that you shouldn't." He leaned back again. _____ stared at him for a moment.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Look at you." He gestured to the mirror. _____ looked over, recognizing her reflection. "A pretty little thing like you would be better off living a uh, simple-- boring life. Isn't that true?" Joker studied her puzzled expression. She was either offended or still not understanding what he meant. "Think of yourself as a uh.. coffee; cream, extra sugar to make you sweet." He started, chuckling to himself. ______ glanced back at him as he stirred his coffee. "You have a few ingredients added but uh.. you're still just a cup of coffee.." He took a sip.

"And you are..what? A latte? Cappuccino?" She scoffed, raising her brow. Joker rolled his eyes.

"Come on, sweetheart. You and I both know those don't begin to cover it." Her smirked at her, leaning towards her. "Think more of a uh.. frappuccino with ten shots of expresso." _____ laughed at his terminology, trying to picture the description.