ONE

Alyssa Dowels

I sat at the table along with my sister eating breakfast, almost ready to go to school. We were both having pancakes, that I proudly made. Our mother had already left for work. She works all day and doesn't return till at least 8 at night.

"Ok come on eat up sis, don't wanna be late." My sister, Raylyn hurries as she put her dishes in the sink. I roll my eyes taking in my few bites before sealing.
"Oh whatever, we're never late anyways. Today won't be the first." I stood up and also put my dish in the sink. I gulped down the rest of my milk and but the glass cup in the sink also.
"And we better keep it that way." She says as we walked over to the living room and put our shoes on. I followed her to her car since she drives me to school. I have a car but it's just easier for us to go in the same vehicle since her college isn't to far from my school.

She started driving to the school which was about 5 minutes away. We drove in a comfortable silence, there wasn't much to say anyway.

My sister is the best sister I would ever ask for. I wouldn't trade her for the world. It's been her, mom, and I for as long as I can remember. Our dad left us a couple years after I was born, so our moms been keeping us on our feet. Once my sister and I turned a legal age to work at we instantly got a job to help her. I am currently 18 and soon to graduate, while Raylyn is 19, and in a collage near the high school I go to.
_

I entered the school building and went straight to my locker where I knew my best friends, Claire and Belle would be at. It's our usual meeting place- also the fact that luckily our lockers are close to each other.

"Hey whores." I kindly greeted them.
"Hey shit face." They greeted back.
I love them.

We walk our way to a table so we can talk for a bit since the bell is about to ring.
"How was your guys's weekend?" I ask them.

"Pretty boring like always, stupid stepmom grounded me again for some fucking reason." Belle rolled her eyes saying it.

Belle is beautiful and we've been friends since the start of middle school. She has long strait midnight black hair and the darkest black eyes, as much people say those 'simple' colors are boring, she makes it give off a different look and it makes her look so mysterious and I love it, the nose piercing she has adds on to her amazing look.

"Sorry to here that again Belle. We all know how bitchy she can get." I stated, they both nodded their heads.

"Well I went shopping with my mom for the first time in a while and it was actually quite nice, that's about all I did really." Claire said with a shrug at the end.

Claire and I have been friends since the first year of high school when she transferred throughout the middle of it. Claire has wavy light brown hair that went about 2 inches past her shoulders accompanied with some green eyes that I was always jealous of, along with some freckles lightly speckled all over her face. She is absolutely stunning.

"Yours?" Claire returned the question.
I sighed, "Ah, just the same old. Hang at the house and go to work."
I worked at an ice cream shop at the mall for almost 2 years now and I love it there. It's like everyone is family there and it just gives you that comfy vibe.

"Girl I was thinking that I should start looking for a job, need to go somewhere to get out of the hell hole i'm living in." Belle said.  "Well if you get one I get one, don't wanna feel left out." Claire laughed.