Chapter: 9

"But she wears short skirts...
I wear T-shirts...
She's cheer captain...
And I'm on the bleachers...
Dreaming about the day when you wake up and find that what you're looking for has been here the whole time...
" Abigail dances and belts out "You belong with me" when her turn comes for karaoke.

Our entire plan of outing has gone down the drain because it is raining like cats and dogs since the afternoon. That is why Adam decided to have a karaoke night because our aim was just to have fun so even if could not go out, we can still enjoy ourselves inside the house.

However, just imagine our surprise when we learned that Adam can sing... like, he can really sing.

Abigail was squealing like a crazy fan when he sang Enrique Iglesias "Somebody's me" on her demand.

While my heart was literally going crazy when he was singing. And for the first time, I sort of felt jealous thinking that he might have sung a song for his previous girlfriends.

Soon what started as a normal karaoke has turned into a competition. Now both of them are competing against each other and I am the one who is doing the difficult job of judging them.

Adam is using his singing skills to impress me while Abigail is using her cuteness prompting me to make her win.

Until now both of the things are working, as all the rounds are a draw.

Don't judge me because on one side it is my handsome husband with an amazing voice, and on the other side, it is my little sister who knows which faces to make to melt my heart.

"Have you ever thought just maybe
You belong with me... You belong with me...
" Abigail finishes her song with a smile on her face which turns wide when I and Adam clap for her. While we share a look which says how happy we are to watch Abigail genuinely smiling.

She is an okay singer but the way she enjoys singing is something that will make you love her singing and enjoy the song along with her.

"And the winner of this round is Abby!" Adam announces and raises Abigail's hand while pointing at her as he laughs.

Whenever he laughs the corner of eyes crinkles and his eyes shine... or it is just me who thinks that his eyes shine. But whatever it is, his eyes show his happiness.

Suddenly, Adam glances at me and raises his eyebrows in amusement as he catches me staring at him like a fool.

"Okay, now enough of this competition let's order something as I am starving. All this judging made me tired." Clearing my throat, I pretend not to be bothered by the fact he caught me staring, in which I quite miserably fail as now an amused smile is plastered on his face.

"Abigail it is your turn to pay as I have paid the last time." I point at her. "Or you want me to pay this time and you will return me later?"

We have made a rule that we take turns in paying for food whenever we order. And if we are tight on budget then we both contribute. Mom and dad made us follow a strict budget every month so we do not overspend.

"Nobody is paying." Even before she can reply Adam jumps in.

"As it is going to be my treat. Next time you both can decide who is going to pay, but for this time I am paying." Adam looks between us.

*****************************************************************************

When I woke up the next day, I am already slightly missing Abigail as last night after dinner Adam dropped her back home because mom and dad have returned from their trip.

It is funny that with her I don't even realize where these two days have gone. It feels like just now she had come to stay here with us.

So after giving her a quick text to find how is she doing, I get out of the bed.

The delicious smell of breakfast welcomes me as I walk outside the room. I find Adam busy with making breakfast as he hums to himself.

"Good morning." I smile while pouring a cup of coffee for myself, then add coffee creamer to my coffee. A laugh escapes my lips when Adam frowns looking at my cup.

He loves black coffee and can't hide his dislike for my coffee.

"Morning," he replies and places two slices of toast beside omelet on the plate.

"Here." He hands me the plate as he proceeds to make another plate for himself.

"You know, I envy you." He lightly chuckles and suddenly says between our random talk, "I have an elder sister, Stella, like I love her and all but still she was the one who mostly looked after me it was never the other way around. "

"Maybe it was because of our age difference or whatever reason it was but she never confided me with her secrets or never come to me if she is facing some problem." He smiles fondly as if recalling his moments with his sister, "I guess because elder siblings are the ones to whom the younger siblings go with their problems."

There is six years difference between him and his elder sister, Stella. Honestly, I was slightly nervous to meet her for the first time. But I realize all my fears were useless as she is so warm and welcoming. Everyone in his family is full of love and you will not even once feel that you are meeting them for the first time.

"But somewhere I always wished to have someone to whom I can protect, like they can come to me with their problem and look up to me with complete faith that now when we have told him, he will make everything better." He smiles looking at me, "The way Abigail looks at you."

"Even when you both joke around but still she has this look in her eyes which says she knows whenever anything will trouble her then you will make things right for her, or support her no matter what."

This makes me smile because this is the first time I am witnessing my relationship with Abigail from someone else's perspective.

"But now because of you, I think I finally found that someone too." He softly smiles to himself then his eyes lift to meet mine, "Our marriage is like a great package deal for me. Because I got a little sister like Abigail, and an amazing wife like you who is more of a best friend to me."

I can't explain how much I love when he openly expresses himself. He is not at all afraid to share his feelings with me. His honest behavior is like an assurance of his feelings towards me... and I know no matter what he will always remain faithful to me and our relationship.

I love you.

These three words are just on the tip of my tongue because I want him to know how I truly feel for him. However, there is something in me that is stopping me to say these words to him.

No, I do not have any doubts about my feelings nor I am doubting him. It is just that I want to be selfish and keep my love for him inside my heart for a little longer.

Although, I do not think I can stop myself from expressing my true feelings to him for long because day by day it is getting difficult to hold myself. Each day he does something that makes me fall in love with him more and more. The more I know him, the more my heart fills with love for him.

Adam Williams your wife is irrevocably in love with you.

********************************************************************

Thank you for reading.