Tucking his head under my chin. He exhales. “I’m sorry, too.”

Suddenly we hear heavy and fast footfall, instincting we both jump and detach ourselves. We know that we aren’t suppose to be seen like this in public. I don’t know but feel disappointed for letting Jace go.

We both turn our neck towards the sound and after some seconds see Rachel rounds the corner and comes towards us. “Guy hurry up we are getting late.” I pants

I nod and look at Jace. “Okay let me get my bag.” Saying he walks over to where he has dropped his bag and picks it up.

He turns around “Let’s go Rem.”

Sighing heavily and audibly, I pull out the car key from my pocket following my sister and boyfriend out of the building.

“There is a change in plan.” Jace walks over and opens the door. I follow him out.

When we climbed into my Range Rover, he speaks again. “I’m not going to Nat’s party, let go home. I might get late or come sloshed Rachel will again threat to castrate”

As I drive down the road, I laugh. “If I remember correctly, she threatened you this morning before the match.”

At that, Jace shrugs, sobering slightly. “Yea she always threats me and I love my good so I won’t take the risk.”

I turn my head Jace’s way and can’t help but admire his beauty. He is one piece of art. Street lights flicker on his face make his pale skin glow and those dark golden lashes snap together in rhythm as his blinks then those red full lips. Damn I can feel my pants getting tight. “I love them too.”

As if feeling my eyes, he glances over at me and a small smile curves up his lips “You love a lot of things about me but I don’t know when you are going me love as a whole” He says and his eyes glints warily.  My heart does a irrational flutter and does two boom-boom before resuming to beat faster.

I turn my head and frown at the night street. This feeling is so confusing. I don’t understand why I keep feeling out of sorts. It isn’t anything Lace does. I keep getting thrown for a loop where Jace is concerned. It isn’t a feeling I am used to.

“Stop getting sappy. You know I can’t love. It’s not in me. Don’t spoil the night.”

I hear Jane sigh. “But I love you.” Again boom-boom.

“I know babe and thanks for loving me.” I say with all sincerity.

Like I know he will, Jace laughs. “Fuck off. Now who is being sappy?”

It is the perfect distraction for me to ignore the flood of…contentment... Hearing ‘I love you’ form Jace does something weird to my heart. I know it’s hopeless to dream for an eternity. We both are young and there are many options ahead of us. I have never been into a relationship with someone for more than six months top. Jace is an exception to that, I remember the last relationship I had been with a blonde guy named Tyler and we dated for four and half months. I broke up with him because he turned out to be super nagging. I have never dreamed for Jace to be with me forever but I do dream to be with him a little longer.

(Jace’s Point of View.)

After the fight at Rachel’s birthday party, I was too ashamed to even look at Rachel for ruining her sixteenth birthday. So I hid in myself in the confinements of my room and avoided her for few days but then Rachel barged at my place one night and threatened to castrate me if I didn’t stop being an ass and forced me to meet her at the Oak Street Beach where we normally used to hangout and I was just a couple weeks before I was all set to start my senior year.