starters.

• steve opens up to you about his struggles with his sexuality, going on about how 'god's righteous man' wasn't allowed to be lgbt.

• after many arguments, he decides to finally try to sober up for longer than 3 hours. it was the end of hour 4, and he was pacing like crazy.

• the two of you were arguing about something silly at first, but it turned sour when you brought up steve's drinking. while trying to make an outrageous point, he cuts a gash into his forearm.

• steve was zoning out again, something that happened when he was tired or stressed. 2 minutes later he was mumbling that he wished he died in the mountains.

• while trying to destroy stuff from his captain days, he kinda accidentally hurts himself on his old shield. steve wasn't sure how it happened either, but it hurt extremely.

• one day while he was drinking, as usual, you noticed a bunch of scars of little cuts all over his ankles. only some were visible from where his jeans ended, but it was obvious there were more.

• it was all over the news for the past couple of months that a captain doppelgänger had been hurting and or killing people all around the city. you never put too much thought into it until you found his suit, which he said he hadn't worn in years, covered in fresh blood.