Chapter Thirteen

"Hey, (Y/n)-chan, why don't you come sit over here with us today?" You turned your body away from where you had been headed - your usual spot at what had been dubbed "The Baku-Squad Table" by Kaminari and Sero - and faced towards the cheery voice of Ochako, who was waving at you with a bright smile on her face.

You cast a quick glance back to where your usual group was already laughing and shrugged. Switching tables for one day wouldn't make them feel bad, right? So, you gave the brown haired girl a light smile in return and walked over, placing your tray on the table in the seat next to Midoriya. Next to him sat Iida and then Ochako, and across from you were Hagakure, Tsuyu, and - surprisingly - Shouto.

"What's up, guys?" You asked, sliding into the seat. Midoriya gave you a nervous smile, although it was really just normal for him. Tsuyu chewed on her rice as she put her finger on her chin.

"We were talking about the finals," she replied slowly. "Mostly about the exercise test."

Although she was invisible, you could tell Hagakure was nodding along. "Yeah, even though I'm not ranked that high in the class, it's kinda scary that we don't know what we're gonna be doing for that part."

Shouto put his chopsticks down, furrowing his eyebrows. "Yes, even I am a bit worried at that prospect. You never know what a school like Yuuei will throw at you."

Just as you were about to agree with them, Midoriya's head launched forward into the table, and you turned to the side to see what had happened. To your not-so-happiness, you saw Monoma standing there, holding a tray that he had just bashed into the poor green haired boy, a smug grin on his face. "Ah- terribly sorry," he smirked, obviously not sorry whatsoever.

Midoriya rubbed his head, looking back at the blond boy. "O-oh, it's all right, just please watch wh-."

Monoma cut him off, meeting your eyes and grinning. "Wow, it's you four, isn't it? The ones that fought the Hero Killer: Stain?" You shot him a light glare, but he continued. "You made your class popularity rise even more, huh? One day you all are going to get into danger. It'll be super scary, and you'll all get hurt!" It sort of sounded like a threat, but it also looked like he enjoyed saying it.

Suddenly, he collapsed onto the ground, his tray being caught by a large hard, as well as his collar. You looked up to see Kendou sheepishly grinning at the group. "Heh-sorry about that you guys," she muttered, turning to the boy. "You shouldn't be making fun of something like that, Monoma, it was really serious."

Everyone at the table looked a bit concerned at Monoma, who seemed to be only partially conscious. Kendou turned back to you guys and smiled. "Hey, I couldn't help but overhear you guys talking about the exercise on the final exam. I heard from my friend who's an upper-classman that it was going to be fighting robots like the entrance exam."

You frowned. Would that really make sense? I mean, in a normal year, maybe, but with everything that had been going down with the League of Villains recently, would fighting robots really be what the teachers gave you as a final exam?

From the floor, Monoma spoke up. "Man, Kendou, why'd you have to tell them that? I wanted to use that hidden knowledge to derail class 1-A and finally beat them to the ground!" You sweatdropped at his seriousness, and you felt Midoriya tense up beside you.

Kendou rolled her eyes. "Remember, Monoma, we don't detest class A." She sighed and turned to you a final time. "Sorry you guys, again. And I'm glad you're all okay." She was looking at all of you, but you could have sworn that her eyes flickered just to you for a split second. Then, as if nothing had happened, she dragged the blond away, still scolding him.