First impressions part 1

Author note: I pray to the god of consistency, pls don't fail me. Either way, srry if my already not the best quality takes drops. Also! I've decided to pick this back up again after going nowhere on my first attempt )

Summer flew by in a blur. Hinata was soon 16 and had yet to  develop any signs of being an alpha. In fact, he had barely changed at all! If it wasn't for the few noticeable inches he grew and the extremely minuscule growth in his fangs, the poor little red head would have still looked like the little kid he was a year ago. Now normally, one wouldn't expect to grow all that much in so little time, but for alphas, not having a dramatic growth spurt was stranger. All the other alphas around his age had already hit six feet! While Shoyo still struggled to reach the top shelf whenever he needed to get cereal. But despite his rather petite appearance, his body had developed incredible physical feats to compensate for his faults, particularly around his legs, he was fast, with reflexes that could rival a cat, and he could jump really high as if he was flying for moments at a time. All things that would help him to achieve his dream for sure, so he gladly accepted.

Rising with the sun, Hinata bounced out of bed, excitement fueling his nearly endless reserves of energy as he dashed from corner to corner of the room. Today was the day, he was finally going to join the volleyball club at Karasuno! oh, also his first day of school but that was hardly something that lingered in thought. "Meat buns meat buns~" The redhead chimed as he slid his uniform shirt on, grinning at himself in front of the mirror, "looking good handsome!" He complimented his reflection, forming finger guns at the young stallion smiling back at him.

If there was one thing he had it was confidence... and a hard head.

Throwing caution to the wind, the boy zipped past the hallway, jumping down the entire lenght of the staircase like a madman. And he would have stuck the landing too, had his mother's shoe not flown out her room and struck him like a lightning bolt from god, sending him barreling over the picture frame he was about to crush. "Noted...more quiet... got it.." Hinata grumbled, slowly rising to his feet.

"Aaand?"

"and the meds!" He groaned, stomping off to the kitchen.

His mother kept them on a small casket, each dose meticulously sorted by day, a testament to how important this was to her. He opened the case ant retrieved his due, running back up the stairs so that she could see him as he downed the hefty lot. Taking them were a pain, and it made him feel sluggish, but it was clearly important to her, and he wasn't mean enough to betray that trust.

"Open" She demanded sternly. Seeing her like this made her look like she was interrogating him.

"Yesh ma'am!" He opened his mouth, lifting his tongue to show her the underside. "Am I free to go now?"

"I'll remind you that school won't start for another few hours, but only out of habit. I gave up trying to rationalize with you a long time ago. You can go, but don't stray off the path. However, since you are son, chances are that you'll stray anyways like a devious teen. If you do that, make sure to use protection! Girls can be crazy too you know"

"I always use protection" He retorted matter of matter of factly, raising her eyebrows. "Which I've been meaning to say this, but could..." His gaze fell to the ground, his ears tinted rose. "could you..."

"STOP! stop talking, right now, I don't need to know, I'll buy more, just stop, I am actually begging you Shouyou" Her face grew increasingly red after the initial shock of the information she was dealt with. "When did you even find the ti- no, nevermind, I don't want to- I'm going back to bed~"

The boy tilted his head at his mother's sudden retreat. First she wants him to use protection, but then freaks out when he asks for new knee braces. And of course he knew girls could be crazy, a real oppressive force in the court no doubt. "Sigh, Sometimes I wonder how this house stayed together without me, it's like I have to do every- GYAAH!" The boy jolted at an abrupt bang, settling his gaze on another slipper. "But mom didn't open the door.... you know what? I'll take that as my cue."