Chapter 17

It's been two weeks and I haven't spoken a word to Peter. I changed my seat to the back in all of my classes I spend most of my lunches in the library. I'm back to carrying all of my textbooks in my book bag.

I still talk to MJ and Ned a lot and it's good that we are still friends. My dad and the rest of the avengers keep asking what happened but I refuse to talk about it.

I walk through the hallway with my AirPods in and I head straight to my first period. And sit in the back. After what seems like forever lunch comes I head to the library. I look through the shelves and grab a book and I start reading it.

I hear the door creak I look up and I see MJ she sees me and I wave her over. "Hey" I say smiling as she pulls out a chair and sits across from me.

"Hey" she smiles I want to ask her about Peter but at the same time I don't want to. "How's Peter?" why did I ask that "Do you want the truth or do you want a lie?" She asks "Truth" I say as I shut my book.

"He's not ok. I've never seen him act like this not even when Liz left and he had a crush on her for two years" she says Liz must be the girl that Peter talked about when I asked him if he had ever had a girlfriend.

"Really?" I ask in shock "Yes I came here to tell you that. I don't know what's going on with you guys but please fix it because I can't deal with Peter and Ned by myself" she says and I laugh. "Yeah sorry about that" I smile.

The bell rings for class "I will try to talk to him after school" I say gathering my things she smiles and we walk together to our next class.

*after school*
Happy drives me home and while I do my homework I debate on wether I should talk to Peter in person or not. I finish my homework and decide to Uber to Peter's apartment.

I get to the top floor and knock on his apartment door May opens it. "Hello sweetie it's so good to see you again it's been forever" she says then we hug "Yeah it has. Um is Peter here?" I ask nervously. "Yeah he should be in his room" she says smiling "Ok thank you" I give her a small smile.

My hands are shaking my am I so nervous I knock on his bedroom door. Then I wait a few seconds before knocking a second time. Peter opens the door "Oh hi" he says surprised to see me "Hey can we talk?" I ask wiping the sweat off my palms onto my jeans. "Yeah" he says opening his bedroom door wider so I can come in.

He sits on his bed while I stay standing "What's up?" He asks trying to sound casual "I'm sorry" I say looking at the ground "I shouldn't have acted the way I did. I just didn't know how to react but I know that's no excuse and I'm really sorry" I say still looking at the ground. "I forgive you" he says I look at him confused "Really?" I ask "Yeah" he says.

I attack him in a hug and he laughs hugging me back. We sit there hugging for a minute then I sit up and look at him. "What are we?" I ask "What do you mean?" He asks sitting up too "We act like a couple and fight like a couple but we aren't a couple so what are we?" I ask.

"I don't know" he says there is silence "Do you want to be a couple?" He asks "Yeah" I mumble he smiles he stands up.

He gets down on one knee "Mia Stark will you do me the honor of being my girlfriend?" He says I throw a pillow at him "Gladly" I smile at him.

He throws the pillow back at me "You're gonna get it Parker" I say I grab the biggest pillow on his bed and throw it directly at his head but he catches it. We have a pillow fight and he wins.

I help him make the bottom bunk of his bed. "It's getting late I should take you home" he says I frown. "Why can't I just stay the night here it's Friday night anyways?" I ask him "Ok I'll ask May" he says and I call my dad

"Hey dad can I stay the night at Peter's?" I ask "I thought you guys were in a fight?" He says "We are ok now so can I spend the night?" I ask "Sure just don't do anything I wouldn't do and definitely don't do anything I would do" he says. I laugh "Ok I love you dad bye" I say "I love you too sweetie goodbye" he says then I hang up the phone.

Peter comes back into the room "She said yes did your dad say it ok?" He asks "Yup" I say popping the p.

I walk up to Peter and I hug him he hugs me back. "You ok?" He asks me looking down at me while still in the hug. "Yeah,I'm really sorry" I say "I know" he says running his fingers through my hair he kisses the top of my head.

I let go of him we catch up on the stuff that has happened the past two weeks with both of us. I talk about how I started to read this really good book and I tell him what it's about. He sits there smiling at me "What?" I ask "You're really pretty" he says my face turns red.

I hit his leg "Shut up" I say smiling "I'm hungry" I say to him. "Let's get some food" he says he leads me into the kitchen. We see May sitting at the kitchen table doing a crossword puzzle.

"Aunt May what's for dinner?" He asks "What do you guys want?" She asks looking up at us. Peter looks down at me and I shrug. "How about tacos?" She asks I nod "Ok I'll go get some tacos" she smiles.

Peter leads back to his room. I sit in the chair at his desk and spin around. "Wee" I say laughing.

We eat and chill out for a while. "Peter do you have any clothes I can wear?" I ask "Yeah one sec" he says he goes into his closet. He hands me a pair of gray sweatpants and one of his hoodies.

I go into the bathroom and change into the clothes which are big on me. May let's me use one of her makeup wipes so I can take mine off. I put my hair up in a messy bun.

I go back into Peter's room. I pull the sleeves on his hoodies down so they cover my hands. He smiles at me "What do you want to do?" He asks "Movie?" I ask "Sure" he says.

We walk into his living room and I pull out mean girls. I put it in the DVD player and I sit criss cross on the couch. Peter lays down putting his legs on me.

He grabs me by my waist and pulls me down next to him. "I wanna be Regina" I say "Why?" He asks "Because she has a bitchy attitude and is confident" I say "You're perfect the way you are"  he says I give him a toothy smile.

He puts his hand on my cheek and kisses me. I end up falling asleep halfway through the movie. I wake up to Peter carrying me into his room then I fall back asleep.