Maadiyil oru uraiyadal...

Kathir hurries to his room and takes his phone...and then realizes that he doesn't have her number..

He knows that he cannot ask his Anni, she will ask him a hundred and one questions, neither can he ask Kanna...he will be teased mercilessly.

He thinks for a moment and dials Jhansi's number.

At Mullai's house, that very moment:

The girls are all in the terrace, for a change, they had earlier decided to eat dinner there and were just clearing up after a yummy meal that tasted extra delicious because of the ambience.

Jhansi's phone rings..

Kathir calling...

She picks up immediately..

Jh: Sollu Kathir...

Mullai is startled...

He has called her...

Malice burns at the pit of her stomach..

If only looks could kill, then Jhansi would be dead by now.

Mullai is frowning...

And that frown turns totally reverts back into a radiant smile when Jhansi hands over the phone to her and says "unkitte pesanomah"

M: Hello..........
...........Kathir..

K: Mullai.....

He goes blank for a moment and then..

K: Eppadi irrukae?

She giggles...

K: Illae...thannilaleam vizhunthiyae..fever ethum varalae leh?

M: Varalae...

Deep inside....he has so many things to speak about but nothing comes out of his mouth..

K: Saaptiyae?

This basic day-to-day question brings a huge smile on her face...

M: Ippodhan..Nee?

K: Inimayae dhan...

M: Kathiru...

A long pause...

M: Kathiru... sorry...

K: Ethukku?

M: Illae, ennathae irunthalum naan anthae sattaiyae unkittae thovaikurathu ku kuduthurkkae kudathu...rombha kashtamae irruku..

K: Ethukku feel pannurae...daily naan dhaan ennodae thuniyae thovaippen...ithu ennae oru periyae velaiyah?

M: Hmmmm... Kathiru....

A pause once again..

M: Thanks...

K: Adhaan dressukku erkanavae thanks sollitiye..

M: Idhu, onnoda serupae ennaku kuduthathukku...

He laughs.

M: Serious ah solluren....yellathukumae thanks, vandi otturathukku, nangae sollurae edatthuku kootitu porathukku... Mukkiyamae..engae kitte ivloh porumiyae irukurathu ku, apparom...ennaku puthu chudidhaar vangi koduthathukku rombha rombha thanks Kathiru..

He laughs once again..

K: Unnoda list mudinchirucha?

She smiles...

She looks around and notices that she is alone on the terrace.

Twirling the ends of her hair with her fingers, they begin to talk about random things.