Chapter 6 ~ If the kid is dead, so are you

Start from the beginning

"Well I think it's time to go then. I'll drive you to Liz's house, Pete."

"Are you sure?" May asks worriedly. "You've already risked getting in trouble even coming here." She says and gestures to my ankle cuff. She knows about me hacking it but she promised she wouldn't tell.

"Yeah it's fine. I check it once in a while to make sure they think I'm still at the compound. I learned my lesson last time when I didn't check constantly."

May nods. "Alright."

"Bye May." Peter and I say before walking out to the car.

We get to Liz's house in no time since this car is pretty fast.

"So, what's the plan?" I ask as I pull up to Liz's house.

"Open the door for her. Tell her she looks nice but not too much because that's... creepy."

I nod. "Mmhmm. What else?"

"And, uh, when I dance with her, I'm putting my hands on her hips."

"Right." I pat his shoulder for reassurance. "Go get her Pete."

He nods. "I got this. I got this." He tells himself before grabbing the handle. He quickly turns around. "I can't do this. Can you come with me?"

I chuckle with a shake of my head. "Sure Pete."

We both get out and walk to the door. Peter just stands there shaking.

I nudge his arm. "Ring the doorbell."

"Me?" He points to himself. "No you ring it."

"What are you so nervous about? Just ring it."

"No you."

"No you."

"No you."

"No you."

"No you."

I throw my hands in the air. "Fine." I press the doorbell.

The door opens seconds later and Peter's smile fades and he freezes.

"You must be Peter." Liz's father says as he looks at Peter, not noticing me yet.

"Yeah."

Liz's father looks at me and I see his smile falter a little but he recomposes himself. "(Y/n) Rogers."

I smile. "One and only." He looks between me and Peter and I can tell he's confused. "I was his senior buddy last year and we stayed in contact. He wanted me to come and meet Liz."

He nods and holds his hand out to Peter. "Put her there." Peter shakes his hand. "Hell of a grip. Come on in here. Come on." He drags Peter inside and I follow, closing the door behind me. Liz's dad looks at me and holds his hand out for me to shake and I accept. He then goes into the kitchen and I follow only to stop when I see Peter slowing following behind.

I go over to him. "Lighten up. Stop being so nervous, you're fine." I drag him to the kitchen.

"Hi, Peter. You look very handsome." Liz's mother comes in and compliments him.

"Thank you."

She then looks at me and her eyes widen slightly. "(Y/n) Rogers."

"Hi. Nice to meet you." I say with a little wave. She goes over to her husband and they have a conversation before walking past us. "I'm gonna go get Liz."

"Okay." Peter and I say.

I look at Peter to see him staring at Liz's dad, who is polishing his knives.