Chapter 12

            "Nope...nope, I keep telling you none of that in here," Jamie said coming out of nowhere, harshly tapping my leg with his heavy hand. "This ain't mommy's house. Homework first and then you can go the cellphone and everything else afterwards."

             I sucked my teeth, not even bothering to look at him. "Jamie get the fuck out my face."

            "Serenity I will smack the shit out of you. I'm not mommy, watch yourself and get up to that homework. Now."

             I could have just told him I did my homework already, but fuck it. I didn't like the way he was talking to me. So I continued to sit there on the couch with my earphones plugged in, ignoring him. That was until he smacked the wires to my earphones, making them fly out my ears. I look up at him—not like he was stupid, because he was. He must have been coming at me like that. "Are you dumb? I will punch you straight in your shit, keep playing with me!" I snap, grabbing up my headphones to stuff back in my ears.

             Jamie was suddenly in my face and I flinched for only half a second because from my side vision, the sudden movement came off as if he was gonna hit me. "There's no cops over here to save you this time little girl, I keep telling you watch your mouth."

             "A'right?!" I shout, "I look like I'm worried about police saving me? Your mother is the one who called them last time boo, like she always does. Since when do I give a fuck about police? Nigga please. What the fuck you gon' do to me?"

             Jamie snatched me off the couch by the front of my red t-shirt so hard, my legs didn't even feel like they belonged to me. On my feet, I quickly folded my fist and swung. Jamie ducked and picked me up around my legs, slamming me back on the couch.

             "Aight aight aight chill, chill." A second voice says. Jamie let's go from pinning me down on the couch a second later and I see it's because Zaire was pulling him off me.

            Jamie roughly snatched his shoulder from Zaire's grip, staring at me with fire in his eyes. "You lucky, 'cause I was about to bust ya ass. You think you bad."

            I flew off the couch toward Jamie but Zaire was quick to stop me, blocking me with lightening speed. He kept his back to me but was standing in front of me to keep me from getting to Jamie. "Can you move?" I say to Zaire, trying to move around him.