Arc 1-7. 1: Face-Slapping the Film Emperor and Empress (Entertainment Circle)

Start from the beginning

"It's better to give me your autograph. Maybe I can sell it for a lot of money."

The camera captured the entire audience laughing, and also focused on some of the newcomers. Zhang Hanshu sat nervously, looking a little expectant but not too much. But when the camera swept to Zhou Xu, he unexpectedly looked down at Han Zikui, with an unwilling look on his face.

The camera quickly cut to something else. After all, the ceremony was broadcast live, and it wouldn't be good to show that kind of expression.

The camera returned to the stage and after building enough anticipation, Zhao Zhen decided it was time to give the award. He opened the envelope again, took a look at it, then he leaned over to the microphone and announced, "The winners of this year's Jinmei Award for Best Newcomer are...Zhang Hanshu and Zhou Xu!"

There was a loud applause as Han Zikui stood up and embraced Zhou Xu. Zhang Hanshu was waiting for Han Zikui to embrace him, but Han Zikui did not let go of Zhou Xu for a long time.

Zhang Hanshu could only look a little embarrassed, but the two actresses beside him, as well as the assistant director and the musician at the table behind him, gave him face by hugging him.

Zhou Xu pushed Han Zikui away, glared at him, then went to the podium. Because he was the winner, the camera naturally focused on him.

In fact, Han Zikui did not expect that the this year's Best Newcomer award would be given to two people. It was fine either way, since he was able to benefit from it.

Zhou Xu and Zhang Hanshu stood at the left and the right of the stage. The host asked Zhao Zhen, "Mr. Zhao, have you seen the movies of these two people?"

"Of course, why wouldn't I've seen Han Dao's film?"

"Whose performance do you prefer?"

That was a loaded question. The host was good, and he shot Zhao Zhen a sly look.

Seeing his look, Zhao Zhen couldn't do anything but raise his hands and say, "Host, do you want to make me hate you?"

The host and everyone in the audience laughed, but they also waited for Zhao Zhen's answer. As a result, Zhao Zhen, an sly fox famous for his tact, actually answered directly. "I like Zhou Xu's."

At this, even the host felt embarrassed, so how would Zhang Hanshu feel? He coughed a little and wanted to change the topic. Zhao Zhen said, "I like Zhang Hanshu's too."

The host secretly wiped away the non-existent cold sweat in his heart, then laughed and said, "Mr. Zhao, do you not breathe when you speak? Ah, I don't know how to respond."

There was another laugh from the audience, but Zhang Hanshu blushed with shame because he felt that Zhao Zhen really wanted to say just the first half of the sentence, and he wasn't honest about the second half of the sentence.

They said their acceptance speeches. Zhang Hanshu spoke in a polite manner. Zhou Xu also talked with a mild manner, but he didn't smile or show any excitement throughout the entire process.

After this award, there were only two awards left, which were the Best Supporting Actor and the Best Leading Actor.

Best Supporting Actress was won by an actress playing a supporting role in a literary film, and then the award for Best Supporting Actor followed. The screen displayed the list of nominees for Best Supporting Actor. Each of them had several scenes showed from their respective scenes, while the camera simultaneously recorded live footage of the four candidates.

The other three nominees were smiling when they saw the camera, while Zhou Xu continued to look proud. When the camera turned to them, Han Zikui said something in his ear. As a result, Zhou Xu blushed and looked a little shy. He even lowered his head to hide his face.