Tu Rooh Ki Raahat Hai (Finale)

A/N- So here I'm with the most awaited part of my OS. Before I start the story, I would like to tell that I'm extremely apologetic for the delay caused. Things kept happening one after other and I couldn't write the full update in one go and kept writing in bits. There were so many things I was confused upon even after planning the whole plot of this part and hence the delay. I'm really thankful to some friends of mine who were a constant support throughout this time <3. So yeah, finally it's done and I hope it's upto your expectations. A big thank you to all of you for waiting and to those too who kept asking for the update. I'm sorry not to reply sooner to your requests. Feedback awaited, positive as well as criticism. Excuse me for the grammatical mistakes. :)

Happy reading,
Vaidehi.

*******

Rohit reached their room and saw Sonakshi standing behind the reticular piece of furniture, facing the closet and taking out clothes to change. He shut the door silently and moved in her direction to speak to her. On hearing his nearing footsteps, she tried to move towards the bathroom hurriedly in order to escape from him. But he was quick enough to get a hold of her arm. The clothes in her hand fell on the floor because of the sudden force with which he made her face himself.

"Stop it yaar, Sona! What's wrong with you? I have been trying to talk to you since we left the hospital and you have been nothing but silent. At least say something,"he agitatedly demanded as held her arms from both sides in a gentle yet firm hold, their bodies at an arm's distance apart.

"Rohit, I have to change. Please let me go,"she mumbled.

"I'm not letting you go anywhere till we finish this discussion,' he dismissed with an air of finality.

She was still avoiding to look at him. Hence, he forced her to look at himself by cupping the left half of her face with his right hand. Their eyes met and he saw a sheeny layer of tears glistening in her eyes. His heart ached on seeing her like that.

"I'm feeling so.." she started but he cut her midway, "Embarassed, right? But why? I want to know. Tell me,"he urged her again softly to open up.

"Then how am I supposed to feel Rohit, enlighten me? Thank God it was noticed just by you and nobody else. What if it wasn't your cabin? What if it wasn't you but your hospital staff? What would they've thought of me? It's not that I'm telling all this because I'm a public figure, it's embarassing for anyone,"she burst out vehemently, while he continued to hold her for support.

A moment later, he held her face in his hands and cajolingly replied,"Hey, ssshhhh! Calm down, Sona. See, it can happen with anyone, isn't it? Sometimes things don't work in our favour, it was just not your day today. Take it as a bad one that passed away. It won't happen again, you just have to be a little more careful, that's it. Look at the brighter side, we got to spend more time together at home,"he tried to make her understand while wiping her tears.

He kept stroking her head softly till her sobs subsided. Her head rested on his chest and she remained locked in the safe haven of his arms. After a couple of minutes, on sensing her withdrawal he dropped his arms by her side and went ahead to pour some water for her from the jug kept beside their bed. Meanwhile, she picked up the fallen clothes and kept them on bed. He made her sit, taking a seat himself beside her on the bed and offered her the glass of water.

"Feeling better?"he asked after she had finished drinking.

She nodded in affirmative offering him a small smile.

"You should've told me about this, there's always an option of cancelling a plan in case of emergency,"he suggested.

She stated ruefully, "Rohit, we've hardly got to spend some quality time with each other since our wedding was announced. In fact that's what we've been doing everytime whenever we make a plan. I just didn't want to add one more to the already long list. By the way, I haven't really expected you to be so direct,"finally she spoke about what she wanted to ask.