Tu Rooh Ki Raahat Hai..(Part 1)

The shrill sound coming from the alarm broke the calm, soothing silence of the room. Awash in the glow of the dim yellow light of a small bulb on the wall behind the headrest of the bed, a couple lay snuggled up on the bed, covered with duvet. While the continuous buzzing of alarm disturbed Sonakshi's peaceful slumber, it literally had no effect on Rohit despite the fact that the device was on his side of the bed. Eyes still closed, she reached out to him, shaking him by his right shoulder using her left hand. Her movements were limited as she was still locked in his embrace, her head resting on his chest.

"Rohit, utho na, please alarm band kar do. Mujhe abhi nahin uthna, thodi der aur sona chahti hoon,"she requested him politely in a sleepy voice.

He just brought her closer to himself in response, paying no heed to her plea. She made a 'this guy can never listen to me, unless requested twice' kind of annoyed sound. Meanwhile she opened her eyes to look at her husband's oh so handsome face which looked more cute with that slight smile playing on his lips, momentarily forgetting about the reason why she woke up in the first place.

"Rohit,"she stated once again, this time tickling him, because she knew he's awake and just pretending to be asleep!

"Sona, stop it, please,"he managed to utter in between his laughter. Sona obliged to his request as her mission was accomplished.

"You're so mean,"he whined to which she chuckled.

He turned to his right side of their bed to punish the culprit responsible for the disturbance and offered the required treatment. Meanwhile, he thanked his stars that his wife was awake and he would be a fool if he doesn't make any use of the chance given to him to steal some moments for their 'we time'.

Her next question threw one bucket of cold water on his not so innocent thoughts.

"You have a football match today, right?"

He turned to face her and playfully stated, "Actually, you know I was thinking to stay at home since I've got much better things to do here rather than going out for a match,"he finished his sentence in a husky voice with a wink and hovered over her caging her with his hands on both sides. Her eyes widened and she knew it in her heart that he was aiming for her lips.

Something was wrong. He couldn't pinpoint the exact reason but the glint in her eyes were missing and the reluctance was quite unmissable and evident from her body language. Generally, she used to tease him for a moment or two before giving in her own desires but today her reactions were unusually different.

"Sona, are you alright? Everything is fine na?"he asked with concern.

She should have known before that Rohit will see through her mood, for he is someone who knows her like the back of his hand. If there's possible to fall a little bit more in love with the person you're already in love with crazily, then that happened with her in that instant.

"Yeah, it's all good! It's just I'm a bit tired, nothing more than that,"she answered apologetically.

"Do you have a fever?", as he spoke his hands touched her forehead to check and heaved a sigh of relief on finding the body temperature normal.

Before he could have interrogated more, Rohit's phone started to ring drawing their attention. The screen displayed Rahul's name as the caller. He was about to decline but Sonakshi held his wrist in order to stop him.

Her eyebrows scrunched and she asked through her eyes,"What? Why are you ending the call?"

"You're not feeling well, how can I.."

"My dear husband, stop worrying. I'm just tired and not unwell," she interrupted him, emphasising the last word by quoting her last word, using her fingers.