Sign Of The Times Satan

Art by @Sanaku_art on Twitter

Female MC
(L/n) = last name

It was another slow day at the café. The harsh rain outside acted as a human repellent prohibiting customers from wanting to swing by for a cup of coffee. Besides it being cloudy outside, closing time was just around the corner.

'20 more minutes before I can finally go home to my cat'

Satan thought to himself as he finished wiping down the last few tables. Once he finished cleaning the last table, he wiped away the small beads of sweat on his forehead. Standing tall he looked around the café admiring his cleaning skills with a sense of relief. The soft pale walls radiate a soothing vibe which make one become stress free for the duration of their stay. The coffee colored cube chairs leave one wanting nothing more than to sit down and relax with a nice cup of coffee. A sigh leaves the emerald eyed demon as he starts walking behind the counter to retrieve his book bag. Right when he's about to grab his keys, the front doors swing open and the chiming of the doors reach his ears notifying him a customer has arrived. He tries his best not to look annoyed as an instant fake smile forms on his lips. "Hello I was just about to close-" His words disappear from his lips as his eyes land on the beautiful female standing in front of him. Her hair is slightly wet along with her clothes and shoes. His eyes look her up and down as he feels himself slightly blush once they make eye contact. She smiles shyly at him with weary eyes, "I apologize! I thought I could make it on time but if you've cleaned up already I'll gladly leave!" She says in a voice so angelic Satan has to bite his inner lip to make sure he isn't back in the Celestial Realm. Clearing his throat Satan fixes himself up and this time genuinely smiles at her. "No worries. I can tell the rain caught you by surprise. Here let me take your order." He offers starting up the register. The young lady looks flustered as she shakes her head, "Oh no it's fine you don't have to! I'll just come back tomorrow before closing time!" Satan nods as he inputs an order into the register, "So that'll be a cup of herbal tea with a slice of carrot cake, anything else?" The young woman gives him a confused look before giving in to his stubbornness. "No that'll be all thank you how much is it?" She asks whilst rummaging through her purse to find her wallet. Satan nods as he closes the register, "Nothing it's on the house, would you so kindly tell me who I have the pleasure of serving?" He asks pulling out a notepad along with a pen. The woman blushes as she feels like a helpless toddler who's getting rewarded for being nothing more than cute. "T-Thank you so much! Ahh the name's (y/n)!"

The avatar of wrath hums as he writes her name down. "The name's Satan, please have a seat I'll bring out your order shortly." And with that he disappears to the back to prepare some tea. (Y/n) pouts as she takes a seat near the table closest by the door so she won't get water droplets around the rest of the café. She's a shivering mess as she takes off her soaked coat along with her bag. Grabbing some napkins located at the end of the small squared table she retrieves a mirror from her bag and begins to pat down her running makeup. She makes sure not to mess with the mascara knowing how psychotic it'll make her look if not removed correctly. She then proceeds to try to untangle some of her soaked hair, succeeding with most of the clumped up chunks which results in her smiling in content as she pulls out her cell phone to check the time.
10:08 p.m..
A guilty look overtakes her features feeling awful for making this man work overtime thanks to her carelessness. 'You're so stupid
(Y/n)! First you decide to ignore the weather forecast resulting in you getting soaked! Then you screw up some paperwork in the office, and now you're forcing a man to work overtime because he felt bad for your sorry ass!' (Y/n) thinks to herself, gently fisting her forehead in an attempt to screw back whatever screw decided to unscrew itself in there. Her movements cease as her mind replay the mans words. "The name's Satan," knitting her eyebrows she wonders why a man would name himself with such a controversial name and why is he being so nice? Does he maybe find her attractive? Was it pity? Natural mannerism? Oh who is she kidding she knows he did it out of pity. Ain't no way in hell someone as handsome as him would find someone like her attractive. After all she always did consider herself to be pretty average.