Candi

Again?

I snarled at the young girl standing at the edge. Why was Candi here, anyway? She was the happiest person I knew, and I knew a lot of people?

"What's your reason for being here?" I asked, curious.

"You've probably heard it before, but... no one ever notices me anymore. I could not be in the gang and it wouldn't make a difference."

"That's your reason? Really?!" I yelled, anger washing over me "At least you have friends who care about you!"

"They care about you too." She whispered, before heading back inside.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

"Everyone expects me to know what to do, even when I don't. It's all too much to handle." Dude told me.

"Isn't it just awful to have people respect you?" I retorted, my voice dripping with sarcasm.

"I'm sick and tired of being classed as 'the funny one'."

"Trust me, Sprout, 'the funny one' is a lot better than 'the bad one'."

"No one appreciates my abilities."

"Bud, it's not our fault we can't understand those long words." I replied, before adding softly "And... I do appreciate you."

Every day, I found another one my friends and convinced them not to jump. But who would do that for me? There was no one to listen to my story.