Eggless vanilla cake

2 cups (420 gr) granulated sugar

1 cup (226 gr) unsalted butter, softened (2 sticks)

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

4 cups (560gr) self-rising flour

2 cups (450ml) whole milk (you can substitute with any plant milk you like)

2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350º F.  Grease three 8-inch round cake pans with flour-based baking spray, or grease pans and line bottoms with parchment.

In a large bowl, beat the sugar and butter until creamy and pale. Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed. Add vanilla and mix to combine. 

Combine milk and vinegar in a small bowl. Set aside. 

Add the flour alternately with milk to the butter mixture, beginning and ending with the flour. Scrape down the mixing bowl with a spatula and turn the batter over several times to ensure all of the ingredients are well incorporated. Beat just until incorporated. Do not overmix this batter.

Pour the cake mixture into the prepared pans (2 1/2 cups of batter in each pan approximately).

Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when poked in the center.

Remove from the oven and allow the cake to cool. Remove from the pan and decorate to your liking.

Link to recipe:

https://mommyshomecooking.com/egg-free-vanilla-cake-recipe/