Furball of a day

It was a normal day in the Blackhat Mansion. Flug was in his lab working on a new device that would change the physical appearance of a creature into whatever the customer wanted.  It was going well. Flug was pouring the chemicals into the device aaaand it was done. Now he just needs to present this to his boss and they could film a commercial.

He had tested the serum before and he was able to turn a mouse into a frog, a cat into a dog, and a fly into a human. It was a mistake turning it into a human. The thing was horrific to look at.

He was halfway to Blackhat's office when disaster struck. Dementia was riding 5.0.5. down that hall, again, and crashed into everything in sight. Flug could hardly move out of the way in time as they rushed past.

"DEMENTIA! Stop tormenting 5.0.5!!

The lizard girl jumped off the blue carebear and landed on the wall. Dementia crawled close to Flug till he was within distance then tackled him. Flug tried to catch himself but in doing so he threw the device against the wall. It broke and shattered into small pieces.

Dementia and Flug wrestled on the floor. Her crazed giggling and his yelps filled the hallway. 5.0.5 was hiding in another room by now not wanting to be Dementia's target again. All the noise reached Blackhat, who was on the other side of the building in his office, and he was not pleased. He had already been stressed and now his henchmen were being complete morons!

Blackhat growled and teleported in a puff of smoke to where the noise was coming from. "ENOUGH!!!" He yelled, making a horrible face to match.

Dementia, to get away from danger, kicked Flug to the wall. Flug yelped as he fell into something sharp and wet.

Blackhat growled "What are you two imbeciles doing! Playing when you're supposed to work!? You-" he pointed at dementia who had a dreamy look on her face."-Go check who you have to assassinate!" "Alright my love~," she said as she crawled into a vent. "And you-" he pointed at Flug who flinched. "-aren't you supposed to be working on a new device?"Blackhat said with anger and a threatening edge in his voice.

"Y-yes, Mr. Blackhat, sir! I-I have it...-" Flug realized he wasn't holding the device anymore and frantically looked around the hallway for it.

"Where is it?" Blackhat said leaning over the scientist.

With his boss, so close and angry Flug struggled more to find the device. Blackhat grew closer and angrier. He hated it when his scientist would stutter. He was so annoying to the point Blackhat wanted to hit him. Blackhat leaned over Flug and scowled making Flug freeze and stare.

"If you are wasting time that could be better spent inventing, you know what happens when you fail me. I trust you have a brain cell that could figure it out." Blackhat said in a calm voice. It was more terrifying to hear his calm voice than yelling.

*Poof*

In a puff of smoke, Blackhat was confused and startled. He lifted his head over the blue smoke. It had sparkles that glittered in the light emitted from the explosion. Whatever happened it better not be some glitter devices.

The smoke dissipated and Blackhat scowled at his scientist...only Flug was gone. Blackhat stared,  looking down he saw a pile of clothes. Flug's clothes. Blackhat was shocked. Did Flug just kill himself? Blackhat reached down and lifted the lab coat. The action caused something in Flug's shirt to move. He used his other hand to lift the plane crash shirt and to his surprise, there was a small cat with a paper bag on its head fell out of it.

The cat was in a daze; its head bobbing a little. Blackhat stared at the cat in confusion then anger. Was this... Dr.Flug?! The cat had a cream-colored fur coat with random brown spots and a long sleek tail. Its ears were sticking out of the bag at the top and it also had a small pair of goggles over the bag. The cat's size was slightly bigger than a kitten's. When the cat's eyes focused it looked up and immediately froze; its hair was all puffy and spiky.