She startled backward but this time she was being capable of controlling her balance.

She gripped onto the collar of her shirt and closed her eyes tightly.

"I'm not gonna cry this time, not in front of a boy..."

"You really wanna know?" she mumbled while staring at the ground.

"Mhm," Hanako agreed.

Y/N clenched her hands.

"Well, you see," she began "I've never had a single friend in my life. Not even a boy as one. I just want to know how it feels to have a friend, how it feels to laugh, to smile..."

"People in my class bully me just because they think I'm acting with all these bandages. Not even the smartest most caring girl in class cared. The teacher also..."

Liquid began to roll down her cheeks.

I'm crying...

Hanako was surprised.

Not a single friend?

"Don't you have a broth- any siblings?"

She shook her head stating the answer to be "no".

Hanako tried to make the subject more "seriously".

"I know, right?"

"Huh?" she gasped.

"They shouldn't be treating a pretty girl like you-"

He paused, raised her head and caressed her cheek causing the tears to disappear.

"Like shit."

"Hanako!" she blushed.

"Sorry, sorry, " he apologized.

"As I was saying, " the spirit continued "I've been watching you. I see how frightened you are just by arriving at this lovely place. You only do it because you don't have a choice. You're lonely and solitary... probably that's why you spend the break in a bathroom stall..."

Y/N swallowed greedily.

"He knows that I spend the breaks alone..." Y/N wondered.

"...in a bathroom stall..."

"Nobody can relate to that..."

"Nobody would want to have a friend like me..."

"So yes, I'll be your friend."

W-what?

Y/N couldn't believe it. She gleamed happily and out of joy, she cuddled the ghost subconsciously.

They stayed like that for about 10 seconds, Y/N not knowing what awaited her.

As she turned her head up, her eyes met a tomato-red Hanako that was constantly darting his eyes away from her.

She noticed she was still hugging him.

She broke the hug and backed up, also earning herself a scarlet face in the process.

Silence.

~Awkward~

"Ehem..."

She heard him clear his throat.

"D-didn't you notice an-n-nything?" he stuttered.

She sheepishly shook her head.

"You touched me."

It occurred to her. She was able to make physical contact with a dead boy. She was amazed. She didn't know that was possible, even.

"How?" she asked.

"Ah, I forgot to mention,"

"We. Share. A bond. Now, " he said while tapping her with his index finger on her forehead.

And of course, he broke the sentence in pieces.

It was a habit he couldn't get rid of.

I-I have a friend now...

But he's not physical...

Still! He's my friend and I never noticed how young he looks...

Did he die at a young age?

Probably I should ask him?

No. That might be personal.

But I hear the girl in my class say...

"The younger, the hotter" something like that...

Perhaps that's the reason he's so attractive...

---

"Y/N? Y/N, Y/N!?!" she heard her name being called out as it got clearer and clearer.

Y/N blinked twice at a rapid speed.

Heck, you couldn't even tell it was twice.

"Oh-Okay. You're awake. I was telling you about how we share a bond no-"

"You're so attractive!" she blurted out as she could feel her senses again.

"..."

"❔❔❔Huh ❔❔❔, " he tilted his head.

It came to pass to her. She held up her hand to her mouth as she felt her whole face "temperature-rise".

"N-n-n-n-nothing!" she stuttered, trying to explain what she meant.

"I had a daydream as I was out and about and I met this print that claimed to be handsome but he really was and-"

"Don't worry, " he cut her off "I get that a lot"

Hanako smirked and Y/N blushed.

Why do I keep blushing? I get red when I'm outta breath, probably I'm outta breath...

As the apparition continued to blab on about how sexy people found him and as Y/N tried to find an excuse, a familiar tone chimed from the distance.

"That's the school bell, huh?", he let out and caressed his chin.

"50 minutes already?" they both thought in sync.

Y/N was having the best fun she'd ever had. Even though getting embarrassed was included, she was still enjoying herself... somehow.

She didn't want to go just yet.

"Welp, I guess it's goodbye I should say next..." Y/N frowned.

"Tch. Who said I was leaving?"

1171 Words