"To rub in that you've got a hot date?"

Tina stuck her tongue out. "Another  hot date.  And to invite you to come along."

Lettie raised her eyebrows. "Along on your date?"

"Well, yes and no. Tim and the boys want to go to a pub gig to listen, not play. There's another one at the uni tonight, same time, same place. Tim said I should invite you along - I think he felt he was cutting into our girl's time yesterday - isn't he just the sweetest?"

"Alright, if you don't mind. Sure I'll come."

"Of course! And his two bandmates are coming as well - both of whom are catches." Tina winked while Lettie just rolled her eyes.

"What's this?" Chip asked. He was wiping down the nearby shelves with a rag.  

" Local student band pub gig."

"Oh neat. Can I come?" he asked. "I like the local music scene."

"Sure you can. The more the merrier!" said Tina. She turned to Lettie. "If that's alright with you, of course."

Chip mouthed the word, Please!

Lettie sighed and gave in. "Fine, but I'm not babysitting you."

-----------------------

Lettie didn't mind bringing her sixteen-year-old brother places and out with friends. It was just he could sometimes get a little out of control.

Like get one drop of alcohol in him and he was a goner.

Which is exactly what happened that night.

Lettie drove her and Chip over to the university - Tina was heading over with Tim and the boys.

"Lettie, Chip!" There was Tina waving at them through the crowd. "You're here! So glad!"

"Hello again," Lettie said to Tim.

He smiled. "Hello. We didn't really officially meet, Lettie."

"Yeah, nice to meet you, Tim. Tina's been giving me a whole earful about you."

"Oh." He seemed to blush.

"This is my brother, Chip."

"Hey, Man." Chip shook Tim's hand.

"Alright, Mate?"

Lettie suddenly sensed a new presence beside her and turned to see a handsome blonde at her side, who she recognized as Smile's drummer.

"You must be the Juliette we've been hearing so much about," he said. "If you're Juliette, I will gladly be your Romeo."

She could tell just from their short exchange that he was a notorious flirt. "Nice try, Mate, but do you know how many 'Romeo and Juliet' jokes I get?"

He shrugged. "Worth a try."

"Roger here is a bit of a Romeo." The third band member, the tall guitarist, came and patted the flirty blond - Roger - on the shoulder. "Best watch out for him."

"Brian, always ruining my fun."

Brian just shrugged. "We also sort of met last night, but nice to meet you officially." He held out his hand to Lettie who shook it. "Brian."

"Lettie. You as well."

"Want anything to drink?" Tim asked. "Roger's buying."

"Oh is he?"

"Yes. He lost a bet."

"What sort of bet?"

"That he could ask you out," said Brian.

"Charming."

"That's our Roger, always the charmer."

--------------------------------

"Lettie! My tummy hurts!" About an hour later, a very flushed Chip burst through the crowd at them.

"Oh no, Chip. How many did you have, Mate?"

"Only one," he slurred.

"Not even." Tina held up a glass that still had at least a few mouthfuls of beer left in it.

Lettie sighed. "Jesus, Chip."

Chip gagged.

"Oh no, I swear if you puke all over these boots I'm never forgiving you."

"He's pretty pissed," remarked Tina.

"Yeah. I'd better take my idiot brother home."

"Fair enough. Need some help?"

"No, thanks, I'll be fine. Say goodbye to everyone for me." She would have herself, but Chip was groaning and gagging and it was making her nervous. 

"Will do."

She regretted not taking up Tina's offered help.  She just managed to get Chip up the stairs out of the pub and down the hall, but was struggling.  It didn't help that her little brother was a little taller than she was. 

"Alright Darling?" someone behind them called. They didn't say 'Darling' in a flirty way, or in a way that made it sound like they wanted to pick her up, but instead in a friendly way, the way one would say 'Mate'. The voice was warm and gentle.

She turned to see a dark-haired young man in a wonderful bright pattered coat standing behind them.

"Actually, I think I might," she said as Chip groaned and staggered yet again.

"Here." The guy came over and supported Chip's other side. "Rough night?"

"Not exactly," she said. "He just doesn't handle alcohol very well." As if one cue, Chip groaned again.

"Trust me, I've seen worse.  Hell, I've been worse," the guy said, making them both laugh.  Chip would have laughed along too, if he wasn't complaining about his tummy ache. 

"Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it," she told the guy when they got Chip safely buckled up in the car. "And my idiot brother does too, he just can't express it at the moment."

"My pleasure. Have a good night, Darling."

"Thanks, you as well."

It was only when she was pulling into the driveway that she realized she hadn't introduced herself or gotten the guy's name.

(We all know who it is though! ;)

Was going to wait to update this story again, but I already had this chapter mostly finished so I thought, 'why not?'!

(I picture Tom Holland as Chip, love him! The drivers licence bit is a nod to his character Ian in 'Onward' (that will come back later! ;)) Not sure who I picture as Lettie, though. Maybe Florence Pugh, love her too!

Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed! :))