Chapter Thirty-Eight: Interlude-Sasuke and Sakura

Começar do início

"Time to go back," Sasuke gripped his katana as he willed himself to open the portal through time and space back to where he felt the warmest. Back to Sakura.

_____

Sasuke woke up just when the sun was about to peek up the horizon. He felt numb, must be the medicine. He decided to lie there for a few minutes, examining his surroundings. The walls are white, so are the curtain. There was a vase on the side. Hospital, Sasuke thought. But where? The last thing he remembered was landing inside the chamber in Sunagakure, just right behind Sakura.

Sakura?

Sasuke sat up and rubbed the back of his neck. There was bandages around it. So was his arm, his cheek and his torso. Just how long was he unconscious? More importantly, where is Sakura?

Sasuke's thought process was cut down when someone entered the room. The medic nurse was startled out of her wits to the point of dropping her clipboard and dashing outside. Moments later, Naruto came barging inside.

"Hey Sasuke-teme! You're alive!" Naruto yelled as he stare at Sasuke who just blinked his eyes. First thing in the morning and he's being so loud.

Sasuke sighed. "You're not really the one I wanted to see right now," he whispered as he looked down and caught a note on the drawer, beside the vase.

He reached the note and blinked his eyes to rid of the blurriness. He somehow recognized the handwriting as he read it.

I may not be beside you when you wake up. Don't worry about me, I'm fine. I just hope you wake up soon, Sasuke-kun. -Sakura

Sasuke read the note twice before looking up to Naruto only to find out that he's saying something that Sasuke didn't catch. He just nodded because he doesn't want Naruto to repeat what he just said, Sasuke doubt it was even important.

"How long was I out?" Sasuke asked.

"You were out cold for three days, Sakura-chan fainted twice you know."

When Sasuke heard that, he almost jumped out of bed. He would if he could, but his ribs suddenly hurt when he moved. Naruto was beside him in a flash and Sasuke gripped his shoulder.

"Where is Sakura?" He asked.

"She's fine, nothing bad happened to her. She's staying at Ino's place."

Sasuke took a breath and leaned on the bed. He tried to clear his mind and dissipate the negative thoughts swirling in his head. Naruto said Sakura was fine. The note said she was fine. Sasuke exhaled and relaxed.

Not long after, he was pulled towards slumber again. When Naruto noticed that the Uchiha was already asleep, he left the room and walked towards Ino's place to tell Sakura that he's awake.

Sleep did not lull Sasuke for too long as he wake up to the sound of people arguing about something. He still hasn't opened his eyes but Sasuke could hear them clearly.

"Come on Sakura-chan. He ain't gonna wake up if I don't shake him awake," Naruto said.

"And I'm telling you not to wake him up. And could you lower your voice Naruto, Sasuke-kun is sleeping," Sakura whispered harshly as he pulled Naruto by the collar of his shirt.

"But Sakura-chan, we all know Sasuke sleeps like a sloth. I'm just gonna give him a small shake."

"I swear if you don't stop I'm gonna punch the light out of you and no one will come to wake you up."