Pit Stop & Curiosity

Start from the beginning

She was crying...and begging. And talking a lot. Which was weird because she was a very quiet woman. Jeongguk was too young and naive to know why. It's only a few years later - after his grandmother had passed away - that he managed to figure it out. Unfortunately, his mind was in a hasty and rebellious phase to deal with the issue so the conclusion that came out of him - and became his life-long principle - was this: 

#1 He needs to not die alone with no one to cry for him. #2 Marriage is a contract and love makes you cry like a baby even when you're already too old and you need a stick in hand to hold yourself up. #3 Don't be cooped up in the office longer than 12 hours per day. #4 Never butts in other people's business or issues. #5 Talking to a child or someone resembling a child is a waste of time.

So he lives by that. He made a lot of good friends wherever he goes, always on his feet to give good impressions so they'll remember who he is. He'll try to help them in any ways he can - excluding any involvement of using the company's money - which he thought would get them to feel the loss if he's dying or dead. Of course he thought of how weird it sounds - it's like bribing someone for their tears! - but hey, if it's the last thing he'll see and gets his mind at peace while waiting for his 'time', why not?

Finding the balance wasn't hard for him at all, given the fact that Jeongguk knew how attractive he is in the eyes of the opposite sex and as long as he keeps that charm and sweet-talking going, there's no issue at all really. The only problem is, the name he's carrying is just too big in this conservative country. I mean, he could buy the medias if he wanted to, but he's not into it. They already bought 2 of the biggest network in Korea and Jeongguk's already bored of it. 

But other than that, there was nothing much that he felt is out of his reach or control. Well...except for this current situation he's in and the girl he just met. Jeongguk locks his phone and puts it back in his pocket before heading back to his seat, now furious that none of his staff had even bothered returning his calls or emails. His parents not picking up his calls is still understandable but all this other people - what's their excuse?!  

He will hold a meeting once he's back in the office - the HODs are definitely going to get it from him! Lalisa is talking on her phone when he sat back down. Her face is serious as she stares out to the view. On a lighter note, Jeongguk can't help but wonder how his friends would react if he were to tell him about his luck on meeting this girl again, so he took out his phone.

'Guess who's sitting beside me in the train?!'

'What train?' Jimin replies almost instantly. Oh yeah, he forgot he only told Taehyung about it!

'KTX'

'What are you doing on KTX?'

'Otw back to Busan. Tell u bout it tomorrow. GUESS WHO'S SITTING BESIDE ME?!!'

'I wanted to say an old, breathy man but you sounded way too excited'

'Must be a girl' Taehyung came in. He knew he could count on the guy!

'IU?'

'Chim sometimes I'm confused as to why we're friends'

'What? Only IU would get him so excited' True...

'Bitch why would IU be on the train??' Also true.

'Well why the hell would Guk be on it?' Okay, Jimin is proving his worth and Jeongguk chuckled. 

'Who's the girl Guk?'

"There's a lot you can do with it - if you sell it now...I mean," She sighed. "Can you find out what other options we have?"

Jeongguk puts his phone aside, trying to eavesdrop a little more on Lalisa's conversation. She sounded desperate - is she in trouble?

"Please, give me some time. I'll work on something okay?" Yeah, she's definitely in some sort of a problem.