hiding

"seulgi, are you there? it's hyojung."

how could you freaking forget you invited hyojung here last night? you wanted to curse but irene beat you to it.

"fuck! it's your girlfriend!" she got up from the bed, looking worried. "what should i do? is it okay for her to see me here?"

her actions are confusing you. "why would you hide?"

"are you stupid?" she asked, picking up her bag and shoes. "i don't want hyojung accusing us of cheating on her!"

that made no sense. "cheating? who's cheating with whom?"

she walks up to you and taps your head. "hello, earth calling seulgi. hyojung is your girlfriend, remember? what would she think if she saw us in this situation?"

you blinked in confusion as you watch irene head to the bathroom. "hyojung is not my girlfriend."

she turns to you. "she's not?"

"no. we're not together," you said. "i thought you weren't sure about my preference. what made you think we're together?"

"well--"

tok... tok... tok...

"seulgi?" hyojung called again.

you both turn your heads to the door and went back to each other.

"doesn't matter. i still need to hide," she said. "i don't want her to have the wrong idea about us."

now that's a hard blow.

but then you're reminded that hyojung hates irene and her gang because of all the bullying they'd done to her. you really need to hide her now to avoid any issues with hyojung.

"should i hide in your bathroom?" she asked.

"no, not in there. hyojung always uses the bathroom." you looked around your apartment, thinking.

tok... tok... tok...

"seulgi?" hyojung called you one more time.

"then where should i hide?" asked irene, panicking now.

your eyes scanned your room, looking for any area where you could fit irene's frame. and then you saw your closet. "there!"

irene went inside immediately. you closed the door and whispered to her, "i'll make this quick, i promise. just stay there for a while."

tok... tok... tok...

"hey, hyojung!" you smiled after you opened the door.

hyojung looked relieved after seeing you. "what took you so long? were you sleeping?"

"yeah, i was. i just woke up."

she peeks over your shoulder. "umm. aren't you gonna invite me in?"

"ah, yeah." you scanned your room first, making sure nothing looks suspicious. "come in."

"what happened here, seulgi?" you heard hyojung ask as you close the door behind you.

"uh, well, i kinda panicked when i heard you knocking so i fell off the bed..." you said, picking up the scattered pillows, shoes, and the bag on the floor.

"i guess that explains the mess here today." hyojung turns to you. "why don't you take a bath now while i pick your clothes?"

"huh?"

hyojung held your shoulder and pushed you to the bathroom. "take a shower now. i'll pick your outfit for the day."

your eyes widened when you saw her head towards your closet. "hyojung!"