"I'm good." I truthfully answer. "I really needed this time to focus on me and my happiness. I haven't been to work in a month and I just haven't felt this much peace in over a year." 

"How are things with Joe?" I purse my lips at the question

"How are things with Joe?" I purse my lips at the question. "I just wanted to hear things from your perspective."

"We don't talk. Look, I'm not going to take back my words of needing a break but I wish that he would have given me the chance to explain things to him." I run a hand through my hair while sighing. "From the time that I left my mother's home, all those years ago, I have been independent. I never had to worry about anybody else until I met Joe and he pushed me to start my business which was so exciting but so draining."

Galina rubs my arm.

"I need this break for myself. I'm living my dream life but it means nothing when your heart isn't in it and I have just been so overwhelmed." I blink back tears. "I'm not a selfish person for asking for a break. Selfish would have been me leaving Joe when he was diagnosed with cancer and caring for him was not an easy job. His family live in Florida and we live in Beverly Hills, I'm a full time business owner but I had no help when caring for him. I find out that I am pregnant after he is better and it made me want to cry because I now have to start caring for the babies that aren't even born yet."

Tears fall down my eyes.

"Amerie, don't cry." Galina wipes away a tear.

"Since I started my own company, I have not taken a break from it. I am five months into my pregnancy and I am only now taking a break for the very first time. I don't know why everybody seems to have an issue with me wanting alone time, I never ask for much."

"Well fuck them." Galina sighs and I snort.

"Yeah well, they don't even speak to me anymore."

"I'm sorry." I shrug my shoulders. "Joe really misses you."

The twins start kicking at the sound of his name and I sigh deeply as I rub my stomach.

"Call him." 

I don't bother answering her as I stare up at the sky while rubbing my stomach. Galina pats my shoulder once before swimming away and I turn my head slightly to watch her walk into the house with a towel wrapped around her waist.

I lay on my floatie for a couple more minutes before I decide to join her inside. As I walk inside, I notice her on facetime to Joe and I just feel my heart ache. I tried to facetime him on a number of occasions but he never responded or called me back. 

"You really need to talk to Amerie, she feels so lonely right now." Galina says and I keep myself out of sight.

"Why does she feel lonely? She wanted this." I pout after hearing his voice.

" I pout after hearing his voice