Chapter 1

There has never been peace in Runeterra. You hear about the wars in Freljord, and Zaun planing to attack Ionia, but you never think into it until it affects you. I thought I could stop it. I thought I could help. I just never realized I was a leaf caught in the draft of the bulls, made to believe I ran with them.

     Piltover was supposed to be the city of progress—was. Now I feel like all we did back then was fall into old habits again, and again, and again, until there was nothing to fall into. But maybe we weren't the ones to blame, we tried to stay impartial several times. Well its amazing how that worked out so well. Now there is no Piltover. There is no Noxus. There is no Demacia. And right now, the states of the other lands are so unknown to me and everyone else living in the shambles of the city of progress. The scary part of it all, is that I saw it begin to form since day one. I could've stopped it if I just took a second to think. Now I sit in ruins.

* * *

     I was practicing magic. Learning new abilities, and new ways to manipulate the magic flowing through me when I saw her coming into our city through my window. Blue braids that were excessively long, tattoos that if gotten all at once would've made her arm bleed, and guns strapped to her back.

     I found my phone and called VI and Caitlyn and told them about the mess walking into Piltover. For a second, they fell silent, and then the phone hung up. I decided to try and confront her until they got there, if they were coming. “Hey! What are you doing in Piltover today?” I tried to speak sincerely, but my voice was deepened by a small sense of fear that began to dwell inside me.

     She turned to me and shot me a wicked smile and simply said, “I wanna play.” She took out a gun. “Fishbones wants say hi” She shot the gun/ rocket launcher thingy. I tried to jump out of the way, but its a rocket, and they have a blast zone. I couldn't get out of in time.

     It knocked me off my balance and hurt a bit, but I healed myself with magic. I arcane shifted to the side barely dodging another rocket, and for a while, we played cat and mouse. I didn't wanna shoot her right away, this is Piltover and while she wanted to try and fight, I'm still a citizen here, I was still a citizen.

     I remember it taking Caitlyn and Vi about 5 minutes to finally get there. Caitlyn stole me and took me back to my house while Vi was left with the crazy one. “That's Vi's sister so for a while we're just gonna let them fight one on one.” I can't remember her exact words, but it was something like that.

     The sounds of explosions and rage-filled yells fell silent, and soon after, Cait and I went to check. We were met with the sight of Jinx leaving Piltover. She had scratches and a few spots of blood that showed of a fight, but not enough to stop her from skipping and singing out of the city. Vi was the same, minus the skipping and singing part. We decided to just let her leave that day. That was the biggest mistake we could have ever made.

     Vi saw the look of worry on my face. “Are we just gonna let her leave?!” I screamed at her and Caitlyn.

     “She won't be coming back to Piltover anytime soon. We made a magic binding contract, and if she breaks it, the council will step in.” Vi tried to reassure me. I looked around from where I stood, buildings had fallen, the street was literally broken, and something was on fire. Why did we let her leave? She ruined Piltover in a few minutes. Why did we trust anyone but ourselves? She outsmarted the Council. Piltover ruined Runeterra that day.