Niall was amazed, she was really trying, wasn't she?

She remembered that he hated doing laundry and went all the way there to take care of his dirty clothes?

Even though, she had intruded his home, he wasn't mad because it was for a good cause and at the end of the day, she was still the woman to gave birth to him. She was his mother.

"Meals?" He asked with raised eyebrows and she turned back around to look at him.

"Yeah. I have made you different meals that you can freeze up and just heat them up when you wanna eat." She explained and Niall smiled at that.

"Thanks." He said softly.

"It's no problem, Ni. I haven't been around for you a lot and that drove you away from us, but I wanna try my best. You are my baby and it kills me to know all you had to go through while we were busy working. I love you, both your father and I love you and your brother so much." She said and caught a small tear that escaped her eyes.

Niall felt awkward talking about that. He wanted to forgive his parents and move on but it wasn't easy to forget that he had to basically grow up on his own without them when they were always so close to him.

So he kept quiet and fixed his gaze on his casted hand.

After a few awkward moments, his mother cleared her throat.

"Okay, so this is done." She placed the last meal she'd been making in the fridge with a lable on it, along with everything else she had made.

Then she placed pasta, sauce and meatballs in the microwave and told him that it was for his dinner.

"Would you like some cookies? I made some for you too." She asked and Niall nodded with a smile.

She placed a plate of cookies that had been cooling all along infront of Niall and poured him a glass of milk.

Niall thanked her and went over to wash his hands then he sat back down and started eating as she cleaned up his kitchen.

There was a silence that surrounded them. But this time, it wasn't awkward. It was a comfortable silence and both of them were lost in thought.

"I'll take my leave now." Niall's mum broke the silence and Niall looked up to see that everything was clean. "Don't leave your door unlocked, Ni." She scolded.

"I was in a hurry." Niall smiled because she was smiling at him too.

"Oh and here." She took a key from her bunch and gave it to him. "It was the one we kept for your house."

Niall looked at the key in his mother's hand then back at her face.

"Keep it. Incase you come here and find that I didn't forget to lock my door. You can use it." He smiled lightly as she did.

She put it back and grabbed her hand bag. "Alright, see you, baby. I'll be on my way now."

Niall nodded and remained seated and waved to her as she saw herself out.

Suddenly, he was on his feet and rushing out. He found his mother on the phone, probably about to call the driver.

"Mum." He called her softly so as not to startle her.

"Hmm?" She turned around.

"Would you uhm... like to stay for dinner?" He asked with a small smile and she smiled back at him.

"I would love to, thank you." She said and he lead her back inside.

****