Pretty Hurts 5

Kendra had just finished packing the last of her bags that she wanted to take with her. It was damn near eight o'clock and Derrick still hadn't made it home, and after waiting so long, hoping he would come home and stop her, tell her he loved her, and helped her unpack, after waiting so long for him to want her, she didn't even know if he wanted to come back. He shouldn't have to take up that much time to make up his damned mind.

"You ready?" Paula asked and Kendra looked around the living room and at the last two suitcases she planned on taking to the car. She didn't know if she was ready. Derrick was her everything, her first everything, and he was supposed to be her last.

She pictured every moment that she could remember with her husband good and bad, and how they had always overcome, even when they thought they wouldn't. They got through everything together and he hadn't cheated on her not a single time. What could she have done to prevent it this time? She had no idea, but she couldn't stand the thought.

She couldn't stand seeing him with someone else, he was supposed to be hers and hers only. The puzzle piece that only connected to her. They were meant for each other. She loved her husband and couldn't stand to see him with someone else.

She didn't even realize the tears once again started to stream down her face, moistening up the dried up tear trails and leaving fresh ones. "Awww baby come here," Paula walked over and pulled her friend into a hug while she soaked her t-shirt.

Kendra clutched onto her friends arm as if it were the only life support she had left.

"I don't think I can do it," she shook her head sobbing, not knowing what she would do without him. How could she do this on her own? After high school, it wasn't bad because if they wouldn't have gotten back together, they already had some sort of closure, but now, she wouldn't have a choice if she left, and there would be no closure, and she would go on wondering what if? Maybe they could have fixed it.

"Ba- Baby, I'm so glad.. That you, you're here," Derrick pushed the door open and stumbled into the house slurring his words. Kendra didn't even know when he started drinking again. He never drank, because his dad was an abusive alcoholic, and passed the alcoholic trait on to his son. Derrick said he would never drink again.

Kendra didn't know wether to feel elated that he showed up and he was glad she was there, pissed off that he took so long and spent that time getting drunk, or mad that he had that bitches mouth on his dick. He was with another woman.

Kendra wanted to hurt him like he had hurt her, but at the same time, she didn't want to cause the love of her life any pain at all. Two wrongs don't make a right, but that didn't stop the hurt, pain, anger and heat from coursing through her veins.

She made a vow to herself to get revenge and as soon as possible, before she changed her mind. Derrick and his little white bitch would feel her wrath and there was nothing that could stop her.

"I love you Keke, so much!" He dragged out, clumsily walking towards her and she quickly stood to her feet, catching him before he tripped over his own two and on top of her. She didn't know whether to revel in the embrace or be repulsed. It was rare he said he loved her anymore, so she wanted to bask in the warmth of his words.

"I love you too, Dee," she mumbled back, another tear rolling down her face and she made eye contact with Paula who gave her a pitying look, her arms folded across her head. Kendra knew Paula only wanted what was best for her, and from the way she shook her head, she knew it would only be a matter of time before they were fighting again, but Kendra wanted to believe they would bounce back on track like they always did. She sure hoped they did.

"Come to bed with me," Derrick mumbled, and Kendra wanted to take him to the bed and fuck him senseless, maybe then, he wouldn't have to urge to stray away from her. Maybe if she gave it up, he wouldn't have to find it from somewhere else.

"I'll be right back," she told Paula, and began to help her husband to their bedroom. Flipping switch, the room lit up, and Kendra slowly helped her husband get into the bed, where she removed his pants and shirt, leaving him in his boxers and a wife beater, while he continued to ramble on.

"I"m so sorry baby. She- she doesn't mean a- she don't mean a thing to me- I was just- I don't know- but I love you- I don't love her, Keke, I love you," he slurred for the umpteenth time. Kendra had to bite into her lip trying to hold in the emotions that wanted to boil over.

She wanted to scream and kick and cry at the top of her lungs, because it wasn't fair. It wasn't fair that she was always being faithful and doing right by her husband and he still felt the need to cry. She wanted to set the fucking house on fire while they were both in it.

"I'll be right back baby," she whispered and placed a kiss on his lips that only momentarily shut off his rambling.

"Mmmm you taste good baby, I wanna taste more," he reached out, but she moved out of the way.

"I'll be right back," she repeated and walked out of the room, speed-walking to the living room, where Paula waited patiently, sitting atop one of the suitcases.

"What you finna do mama? You gone stay or go?" Paula stood and walked over to Kendra when she made it into the room. Kendra knew that no matter what choice she made, whether she approved of it or not, Paula would support her decision one hundred percent.

"I'm just going to stay tonight, you know. Talk to him in the morning, and just go from there," her eyes shifted around the room as she rubbed up and down her arm, before tucking some of her stray hairs behind her ear.

"Alright Miss Lady, I guess I'll leave these suitcases," Paula started.

"Take em. If I don't have nothing here, I don't have a choice but to go. I'll sleep in one of his shirts or something," Kendra shrugged, wiping under her eyes and giving her friend a small smile.

"Alright, well call me tomorrow and I'll be here," Paula embraced her in a hug and kissed her cheek. "Love you girl," she smiled.

"You too," Kendra smiled and sent her off before heading back to the bedroom she shared with her husband, only to find him already asleep. She honestly didn't know what she planned on doing about the situation, but she knew she wasn't going to let him off easy, and she sure wasn't going to let his bitch off easy.

They both had another thing coming.

*Comments Make Me Happy*