That's my baby

Hey everyone, this is my first story on wattpad; hope you all enjoy it. Make sure to comment at the end and if you are kind enough to vote please do. Thanks

CHAPTER 1

PREGNACY

'Dad I can't breath' Emily cried as she was being wheeled along the endless cubicles of St Mary's hospital.

'Don't worry honey everything will be alright' David replied, as he reassuring placed his left hand on his daughters 'Everything will be ok. Just take deep breaths in and out, in and out' he repeated whilst demonstrating the actions himself

Emily complied with her father's request for a steady three minutes before screaming out in pain once again 'IIIIIIIIII ...... can't doooooo this daddddddd! How am I supposed to have this...... this child? If I can'ttttttttt even breath properlyyyyy'

David stared down at his daughter with a helpless expression plastered on his face. He could do nothing to prevent his little angel from hurting, all he could try and do was keep her calm; but so far his attempts for doing so where not going too well. 'Emi look at me' he said whilst walking along side her wheelchair. 'Everything is going to be fine; the baby's going to be ok and your going to become a mother'. He paused for a second to soak up the reality of his words; his seventeen year old daughter was going to become a mother, how weird. 'Wow that means I'm going to be a grandfather' he muttered whilst trying to keep up with the nurse wheeling his daughter to an empty cubicle.

As they approached a bend Emily and her father were suddenly taken into an empty white room. The nurse wheeled Emily over to the bed then stopped so that Emily could use the support of the bed to help herself up 'Ok I'm going to need you to go into the bathroom in the corner and change into this nightgown, once your done just come back out and I'll help you get settled on the bed'. Emily nodded in response to what the nurse said, then turned around and shuffled into the toilet. Once in the toilet she could hear the distant mummers of the nurse and her father.

'Mr. Downing are you the legal guardian of Miss. Emily?' The nurse asked in a composed manner

'Yes' Emily's father replied, without hesitation

'Ok, well I'll just need you to fill out these forms and hand them back to reception the next time you pass by'. She quickly added

'Alright' Mr. Downing replied to the nurses instructions

A couple of minutes later, Emily waddled out of the bathroom wearing her polka dotted nightgown and had her hair tied up in a messy bun. As she approached the bed the nurse stepped away from Mr. Downing and helped Emily get comfortably positioned on the bed. 'Right Emily I'm just going to get the doctor, I'll be back in five minutes if anything happens just press the emergency button on your side and I'll be right back' the nurse stated before exiting the room. 'Oh and remember to keep taking deep breaths in and out'

When the nurse left the room everything went quiet again, all that was heard was the sound of Emily's rugged breath, coming out in uneven intervals. 'One, Two breath. One, Two breath' Emily continuously recited in her head; however it didn't take long before a sharp pain shot through Emily once again and caused her to scream in pain 'Ahhhhhhhwwwwwwww'

Responding to the sound of his daughters cries, David heaved himself of the bedside chair and gripped Emily's hand firmly within his own 'Emily don't worry it will all be over soon' he muttered to her in hush tones. 'Just breathe' he cautioned wearily before dabbing away the beads of sweat on Emily's forehead.

A moment later a middle aged man walked in wearing blue scrubs and a smile on his face.

'Right folks, I'm Doctor Mayer and I'll be assisting you through your pregnancy today.....um Miss'