He leant into Jeno, kind of naturally, his sturdy shoulder being a perfect pillow. He gazed up at him, only just now noticing a little shimmer in his eyes.

"You think they like me?" he contorted his eyebrows and lips to hopefully say. Surprisingly, just a simple slow blink back told him yes.

"You sure?"

"I know them. They'll warm up," Jeno whispered, burying his forehead into Renjun's hair. He couldn't help but take in a faint artificial strawberry scent, with a hint of lemon. And the softness? Jeno could probably mistaken it for velvet.

"How did you two get interested then?" Jaemin off-handedly asked, still at least half-engrossed in whatever Jisung was playing.

"Uh, well-" they both started, glanced at each other- Renjun bit his lip and Jeno's cheeks gave his embarrassment away.

"How sweet!" Chenle exclaimed. "The synchronisation!" Of course, he wasn't to know that that wasn't quite the reason for it. Jaemin raised an eyebrow.

"Mhm?" he looked specifically at Jeno expectantly. He had no choice but to make something up. Well, not completely.

"It was all kinda cliche- we met, got intrigued, all that jazz and now we're here."

"So intrigued that you'd invite him to see you practice? You must be whipped, Jeno," Jaemin said, a sly grin playing on his face. To be fair, what he said wasn't a complete lie, but all the same, Renjun felt his heart drum a little harder at that.

"You know me!" Jeno rubbed an eyebrow, forcing a smile.

"So do a lot of other people," Jaemin carried on.

"What about us?" Chenle pouted, who was now leaning on Jisung's shoulder, equally fascinated with the screen.

"Yeah!" Jisung spoke the loudest he had so far in this conversation. Quite frankly, he hadn't been paying attention and was merely backing up Chenle. Jaemin waved a hand dismissively and turned back to the phone.

"Of course, you two as well. Some other people too though," he pointedly looked at Jeno.

"Donghyuck?" Renjun whispered under his breath to Jeno so that his lips didn't appear to move.

"What about him?" Jaemin caught on. Renjun's eyes widened.

"No-nothing! I was just-"

"Oh yes, that's who I was referring to. Of course," he did a cheshire cat grin at Jeno, who was currently controlling the urge to reach over and slap him. "In any case, I'm sure you two will be a happy couple," he said breezily.

"He does drama," Jeno whispered to Renjun. That made a lot of sense.

"Would've never guessed," Renjun giggled- a lovely sound.

Eventually the bell signalled the end of lunch and Renjun got up first from his place across Jeno's lap, his neck kind of sore now.

"I have...biology now."

"I'm in the opposite building from you then. So is Jaemin," Jeno got up too, subconsciously clinging onto Renjun despite being the taller one.

"Opposite, as in just here," Jaemin said, gesturing to East building to their right.

"Then I'll be going now," Renjun said, now bracing himself for that kiss he knew Jeno was going to give him. Oddly enough, it was more of a butterfly peck on the cheek- lighter than he was expecting. Feathery and ticklish, making him smile against his will, but ironically being the exact act he was supposed to put up.

Strangely, it felt as if this had happened a thousand times already.

Jeno and Jaemin walked to class in silence, naturally taking the long way that had become routine for them. Finally, Jaemin broke it:

"How long are you gonna keep this up?"

"Excuse me?" Jeno nearly stopped in his tracks.

"You heard me," Jaemin stopped a few paces ahead, looking back at him. "How long are you gonna keep this up?" Jeno's eyes shifted left to right, left to right.

"Did you really think I wouldn't notice? I literally study acting, Jeno. And you've gotten a C minus so far. Or maybe it's more accurate to say you're getting D..." Jeno was still speechless, until he eventually stuttered out;

"Okay so maybe-"

"You can't pull that shit on me!" Jaemin dragged Jeno along the corridor, laughing. "But seriously," now he straightened up. "You should confess before he asks to 'fake break up' too."

"You knew th-...?" Jaemin shook his head.

"For someone so smart, you're so dumb."

"Was it obvious that...?"

"Not really," Jaemin linked up their arms childishly. "As long as you're more convincing around Donghyuck or just straight up avoid him, you're good."

"You won't tell him right?" Jaemin felt Jeno's arm tense up in the sudden fear shooting through his body at the prospect.

"It's not like he's gonna ask. He already thinks he knows so he won't ask for more- it's enough fun for him knowing his new roommate is dating you of all people."

"And just what does that mean?" Jeno narrowed his eyes exaggeratedly.

"You're you and he's him," Jaemin shrugged.

"Don't speak so soon. He's amazing, for going with all of this..." he gestured vaguely at the air. "And something new, you know? I li-"

"You like him, I get it," Jaemin winked. "Secrets stay with me."