Chapter Six - "Help From Hello, Happy World?!"

*(Y/N)'s POV*

That Afternoon

Location: Haneoka Front Gates

Well, I'm happy now. Ran confessed her love to me.
She had to go home immediately after that because of her dad.

Her dad must be protective. If I want to date Ran without any problems, eventually, he'll have to know.

Oh, boy. Strict parents are certainly one place that I shine at getting along with... NOT!

I shiver at the thought. But...
If it's for Ran, I'll do it!

...But first things first, I need to find--

My thoughts were interrupted by a girl's voice.

"My, my, who do we have here, a lost kitten?"

I turned around to see Kaoru-kun.

"Oh, Kaoru-kun! You're going home late."

"Ahh," she said. "My faithful followers adored me to no end. I could not abandon them..."

Does Kaoru-kun really have so many followers that she can't leave?
I don't believe it, but at the same time, I do believe it.

"Yeah, my followers. More diverse than a fruits basket... ahh, how fleeting..."

"Hrmm, not sure what either of those mean, Kaoru-kun..."

"They mean... that we should walk together. I fear I may arouse attention once more."

"Uhh, sure," I said, beginning to walk with her.

Location: Near Haneoka High

"Hey, so, Kaoru-kun. I'd like to thank you from before. To put it bluntly, you saved our behinds."

"Oh? How so? I simply acted as I would to a friend."

"Well, we would've been stuck in Shibuya. We wouldn't have enough to take the subway... or a taxi... Just for a really nasty burger."

"Oh, do you mean Burger Buddy?" Kaoru-kun said. "WcDonald's is much more fleeting."

"I'll say... So thank you. I should thank Kokoro, too! Do you know where she is?"

"Why, as fate would have it, I am on my way to see her at her house. We are part of a band."

"A band? Really?" I asked. "Kaoru-kun, you're part of a band?"

"Yes, I am. With all my closest friends... Come now, come hither."

Kaoru-kun is something else.
May Babanbo-sama bless whoever's part of her band. They must live interesting lives...

* * * *

Location: Tsurumaki Residence, Outside

"Whoaaaaa," I said, looking up at the huge mansion nearby. "Who lives there?"

"Our dear Kokoro," Kaoru-kun said casually. "Since I am with you, the suits will allow you entry."

The suits?

Ohh, they're those strange black-suited people with Kokoro at the restautant, and the ones who drove the limo, and the ones that helped us avoid being punished by our teacher!

Location: Tsurumaki Residence, Inside

"Yaaaaaaaay!" someone cheered loudly. It was Kokoro, followed by an orange-haired girl.