Chapter Thirty-Six: Interlude-Sasuke's Desire

Mulai dari awal

Oddly enough, it sounded familiar.

The menacing echo turned clearer and the voice Sasuke so desperately couldn't put a name of finally registered in his mind. The voice belonged to someone he knew all too well.

"Sasuke-kun?"

And there she was. The pink haired beauty who managed to steal his heart. She was standing there, eyes glimmering from the glimpses of the pollen-lit cave. Sasuke shook his head, getting the image of her out of his mind. But she still stood there as if...

As if she was really there.

Sasuke could hear his heart drum in his ears. He knew this was a mere illusion, a dream of some sort. He knew this was not real. And he knew that Sakura couldn't have been standing there.

Sasuke knew all that, his mind screamed that the woman he sees in front is nothing but a mere mirage. He knew it.

So why the hell was he walking towards her? Sasuke's mind is not cooperating with his body and it frustrates the hell out of him. His body wouldn't even do what his mind tells it to. Sasuke stopped in front of Sakura, lifting his hand slowly as he touch her face.

"You," Sasuke started, caressing her face with his thumb. "You feel warm," he said.

For some odd reason, Sasuke was almost swayed into thinking that the Sakura he was seeing was actually real.

"Of course, Sasuke-kun. Are you alright? You don't look fine," she asked, tilting her head to look at Sasuke.

For a second Sasuke almost believed that the Sakura standing in front was real. Almost.

"But you're not real," he said firmly, more to himself.

"Sasuke-kun? What are you talking about? Of course I'm real. I'm right here. You're scaring me."

Even her voice sounded exactly the same that it almost convince Sasuke that this was real. It took him all his willpower to put down his hand and turn around. But before he could take a few steps away, Sasuke felt her arms around his waist, embracing him from behind.

It only took him that one simple gesture for Sasuke to turn around and face her.

"Sasuke-kun, what do you mean I'm not real?" She asked, eyes glistening with unshed tears.

If one simple embrace made Sasuke turn back around as fast. What Sakura did made Sasuke lose his mind and all the thoughts swirling in his mind, screaming to him to wake the hell up suddenly vanished into nothingness as her lips connected to his.

The kiss was familiar, Sasuke would never doubt it. It made his mind went blank as he gave in.

What was I even doing here? Sasuke thought as he held her closer. Why am I even here?

Sasuke's mind has completely forgotten the reason why he's hear. He closed his eyes as he totally gave in.

Or not exactly totally. The moment Sasuke closed his eyes, his mind instantly conjured an image of Sakura. The pinkette was standing there in the midst of his thoughts, saying something that Sasuke couldn't hear.

Then her voice managed to penetrate the thin wall in his mind and he finally make out what Sakura is saying.

Sasuke-kun, wake up.

Sasuke bit his tongue and opened his eyes. Pain instantly shot as he tasted the metallic blood in his mouth. In his mind he repeated the same thought over and over as he pushed the woman away gently, releasing himself from the illusion.

But the woman who looked exactly like Sakura did not disappear right away. Instead, she stood there as she muttered something.

"You think this is the end?" She asked using Sakura's voice before she vanished completely.

The moment she vanished the scroll landed on the ground and Sasuke picked it up. The exit was easier to find this time as Sasuke walked outside the cave.

When he stepped outside, it was still daytime as the sun has barely hover above. How short did it take him to come back? Sasuke has no idea. He notice Taisho and his men not too far and as Sasuke walked near them his eyes almost twitched in annoyance.

It's barely noon and they're already snoring away. Sasuke nudged Taisho awake and the young man stirred in his sleep. He rubbed his eyes as he saw the image of Sasuke became clearer.

"Sasuke, you're back?" He asked, standing up as some of his men stirred as well.

"Are you all sleep deprived or something?" Sasuke asked nonchalantly.

"Yeah, we've been deprived of sleep since we have to stay here until you return from that cave."

Sasuke frowned as he stare at Taisho. "Huh? It took me less than a day to come back."

Taisho suddenly became serious and Sasuke doesn't like where his next words are going.

"You've been in that cave for a week now."
.
.
.
.
.

Short Chapter but hey, author-senpai has been updating frequently now! Hope you're enjoying the updates.

I just wanna rant because my friends don't watch Haikyuu and I just recently finished the first half of Season 4 and wahhhh I feel so sad because I have to wait until July for the next half.

Anyways, enough of that. Thank you for reading! Vote and comment.