19 The Kid, The Mushroom, And The Apple

"And then...!"

I pressed my forehead against the glass and stared blankly at the New York skyline from our suite. Yuri had been talking for the last 10 minutes at least without taking a breath. If someone had told me four months ago that anyone in their right mind would be coming to me for girl advice, I would have laughed in their face.

I glanced sideways at Yuri, warily, while she talked animatedly, seeming to not even realize I wasn't paying very good attention to her. Suddenly, she stopped talking and stared at me with anticipation. I blinked, having missed completely what she just asked.

"So... that's good right?" Yuri repeated slowly. "She said she liked my shirt."

"That's... great Yuri." I patted her shoulder. She beamed, looking so pleased with herself.

I didn't want to tell her how inconsequential that sounded. So what if Jessica liked her shirt? That didn't actually mean anything and I was at least 90% sure Jessica still had no idea Yuri had feelings for her. As much as I wanted to help her it felt like such a lost cause. Yuri was certain the best approach was to just be there and wait for Jessica to fall in love with her.

It irritated me. Not be selfish but I had some very valid reasons for wanting them to get together.

"And!" Yuri pointed a finger in the air. "She's downstairs right now getting me coffee."

She could barely contain her excitement.

I glanced to Sooyoung who was very adamantly looking away. I sighed, it looked like I was on my own for this.

"Yuri-ah..." I started softly. She looked at me and smiled.

"Um... Sica is a very pretty girl isn't she?" I asked.

Yuri's smile stretched further.

"Have you um... thought about what you'd do if somebody else asks her out?"

Her face fell. "Who wants to ask her out?"

"Well, she's... very popular right now." I said, unable to look her in the eye.

I felt Sooyoung stir beside me.

"Very popular." She echoed.

"...So, you should probably say something to her." I said, nodding stiffly.

"Yeah..." Yuri said vaguely.

I sighed and collapsed onto the couch besides Sooyoung. It appeared our words of wisdom just glinted off of Yuri's forehead. She looked thoughtful, but I didn't think she had the courage to go through with it.

Sooyoung nudged me and encouraged me to keep going. I shrugged at her. I really didn't want to be in the middle of this, I could hardly see how it was any of my business, but everyone seemed to be throwing me front and center. I was exhausted as it was and I didn't want to deal with it.

"... If you don't, somebody else might snatch her up." I said, dully.

"What should I do?" Yuri asked, eyebrows drawn together. I rubbed my eyes, letting my head roll back. I've already had this very conversation with her a hundred times already, at least.