The text

'Matt I know you want nothing to do with me and I understand that. You think I lied to you and I didn't. My mom and dad got in this huge fight once and it ended badly. He left all mad. That was about 2 years ago. He left and never came back. I'm supposed to go see him. He still loves my mom and my mom still loves him. He sends money and stuff down all the time. It's hard to understand. When my dad left jack was the only one to take care of us. My mom was a wreck. There's a lot more to that. I want you to understand that when my mom gets back from coats rica were going to LA to find my house. I'm moving out of Virginia. I wanted to tell you the truth. You probably hate me, think I'm annoying and I understand that. But please remember that I'll always love you' I sent.

I laid back on the couch waiting for Gracie to get out of the shower. We were going to the mall to do our New Years shopping. Everything was on sale. Best time to go.

"Hey ready" Gracie said. I stared at my phone for a moment. "Um Taylor hello"

"Yeah sorry" I smiled standing up grabbing my phone and walking towards the door.

"What's wrong" she said as we walked down the stairs.

"I texted Matt. I kinda regret it" I said looking at the floor.

"Why. You should be happy. This should fix everything" she said.

"I doubt it will. He's probably just gonna ignore it. He thinks I lied to him I didn't. He won't believe me. I hate it. It's whatever though. I'm not a good girlfriend. I don't deserve him anyway" I said sitting in my car waiting for it to turn on.

"That's not true. Like at all. Your beautiful and perfect and an amazing girlfriend. Trust me. Can we please change the subject" Gracie said.

"Thanks and yeah. What song do you wanna listen to" I asked her

"Let it be by dyme def" she said.

"Alright" I said playing the song and driving off.

•••••

After we finished shopping there wasn't any room in the trunk or the back seat we got so much stuff.

"I'm tired and hungry" Gracie and I complained at the same time.

We laughed.

"Let's go to outback" Gracie said.

"Ok" I said getting to the outlet for food.

•••••

We got back to my apartment from our shopping and ended up making 3 trips to and from to the car. It was about 8:30.

"I'm going to go try on some of my stuff" I said.

"Ok. I wanna see" she smiled.

"Ok" I set my phone down on the couch next to Gracie and walked to my room. I laid out all my clothes.

Gracie's POV:

Taylor set her phone down and left. About 5 minutes after she left her phone dinged. I glanced at it. 'Matt❤️' it read.

"TAYLOR" I yelled.

"Yeah" she said running out in her first outfit.

"Oh my god. That's adorable. But Matt texted you" she said all excited.

"What did he say?" I asked.