A Painful Memory ★Sebastian Michaelis Love Story★

Memory POV

It is dark out and everything is silent. Not even the birds are singing. No rustling of wind against the leaves of trees; nothing. Everything is quiet. Until the ringing of a bell chimes in my ears. Everything livens up again. It is as though the chiming of the bell wakes everything up. As though everything was merely in a sleep, a sleep while they are awake. I shudder, weirded out.

I continue to walk along the concrete path that lays winding in front of me. All around me, eyes watch as I step. My steel-toed shoes clap against the ground as I walk, my head lowered and my hood up. I don't dare look up at the eyes that burn in to the back of my head, searching for answers. The maniacal people keep watching me as I round a corner, entering a long straight hallway.

Silence rises up again as noise dies down. The sounds of people chatting and mumbling comes to an abrupt halt and I can feel the hairs on the back of my neck rising up. I know immediately that something is wrong. Something terrible is about to happen, I just know it.

Still, I walk, though. I act as though I am oblivious of the fact that haunts me so. I act as though I haven't realised that someone is watching. Following me. Waiting for the right time to pounce. Just waiting, hiding in the shadows, eyes burning in to my soul. Wandering around in the depths of my mind...

I realsie suddenly that I had been standing still. I had stopped walking. I sigh and close my eyes. The enemy, or so called enemy, will know know that I have noticed their presence. I stand and wait for a few moments, expecting some horrid creature to jump from the shadows, claws and fangs baring. But still, nothing happens. Nothing at all. The silence haunts me. Ringing in my airs with its deathly existence. The musty scent of blood hangs low in the air and a blood curdling scream chills my spine, breaking the silence. That sound haunts me more, even more than what happens next.

I begin to run. My legs are aching, but I refuse to give up. My silver and black robe flaps in the absent wind, defying both logic and physics. My thighs burn, ripping at my muscles as I run, panting loudly and extremely quick. I almost reach the door to the paddocks when a sudden hand slams down on my shoulder. All at once, my legs and arms give way. I can hear bones crack inside of me as I tumble to the ground, unable to close my eyes or move away. The attackers face is hidden, but I can see his eyes. Such beautiful eyes, coloured gold and hazel. Such wonderful eyes... disgraced so solemnly with his chosen fate...

Covered in blood, my blood, the man drags me away along the concrete ground. When we reach our apparent destination, the man rolls me over again and kneels down beside me with a knife. He raises it to my neck, then slides it along my chest, between my breasts, cutting all the way. I am so afraid that I am unable to scream and cry for help. All I can do is lie in my own blood and bask in pain. Pain that scars me, deep inside. Still, he cuts down further. He rips my top off and I manage to close my eyes. He attempts to pull my singlet off, but my instincts kick in and I bite the knife. He rips it from my mouth, blood spilling from my wounds. He doesn't say a word. Not a single one. He simple continues prizing my body, claiming it as his own. Once he has successfully pulled my singlet off, he goes down to my pants. I've had enough. I can't feel my body, but I can feel my soul burning inside of me. Bubbling with hatred and fear. Both emotions fight with each other, scrapping for dominance. After a few moments of the man rubbing his hand up my leg, hatred wins. I am about to stand up when another attacker enters the room. "Stop playing with her, Slavek, I'll take over from here," The man says. His voice is calm yet I can sense the cold in the depths of his voice, shadowed by fake sympathy. "Yes, sir..."

The new man steps up to me, his hands raised to show he has no weapon in them. My nostrils quiver and I attempt to read the new smell. It is unknown to me, but is similar to that of an angel. He surely isn't an angel. He can't be... His smell is too faint and putrid. But... maybe he is friends with an angel. A fallen angel... Yes... That must be it...

The man strikes my stomach with a whip. I can't move. I cough up some blood and try to stand, but fail miserably. I lie on my back, being repeatedly thrashed by the leather spun whip. After several minutes of intense pain and suffering, the whip stops cracking. Instead, a foot jams in to my side, forcing me on to my stomach. Gravel fills my wounds as I lie, my bare back facing up. The whip starts cracking agian, this time harder than ever. I feel as though I'm about to die, but continue to hold up a fight.

Twenty more minutes pass by and the whip still slashes down on me. I don't understand why they continue to hurt me, but I accept my fate. I will either die or escape. It is all up to fate. Destiny and fate...

Finally, the torture comes to an end. Everything slows and my heart begins to pace as normal. I can't physically see the man leave, but I hear his footsteps echo and a door open then close. I can also feel the lack of his presence. Finally, I am alone. Alone to bask in blood. Bask and bathe in pain, their glory. I roll over again, allowing my gravel filled wounds to breathe. My memory is shadows, blurred. Everything is gone. My pain must have shorted my memory out, like a powercut... Hopefully it returns...

I lie for several minutes before hopping to my feet. My wounds sting and ache, but I decide I have fought for so long that it would be a shame to give up now. Now that I am free. I can leave... Finally...

I head out the door, out in to the concrete hallway. A sudden footstep echoes behind me. My breathing becomes faster again and my heart beat rises. I start to run, ignoring the pain in my legs. That's when it hit me. The angel is following me now... Following so closely behind me... Getting closer... Getting closer still... I can feel myself drown in blood, from the inside. I drop to the floor. This is where my memory of the attack ends. It all ends here...

Sebastian sits silently, his head lowered in sympathy and understanding. "I see..." He whispers, putting a soft hand on my shoulder. "You do not have to worry. It is all alright now, ma'am," He says, raising his head again. "Please, call me Kusaichi..." I whisper, my eyes quivering as tears bubble in their corners. Sebastian raises his gloved hand to my cheek and wipes a tear from it, a tear trying to escape. "There is nothing to fear here... Nothing..." Sebastian whispers soothingly. I sniff and nod. He leans in and gives me a friendly hug. "Thank you, Sebastian..." I whisper. I hug him back. "You seem so familiar... Even your hug reminds me of someone..." I whisper, absent-minded of the fact I was speaking aloud. He smiles, though I can't see him do so through my blurring tears. "Oh, really..."