Chapter 1

SCAPEGOAT

- A person who is blamed for the wrongdoings, mistakes, or faults of others, especially for reasons of expediency.

In the 1990s of Nikko, Japan there were numerous reports of missing people in the area.

Japanese police were tipped off by an anonymous caller that there were human bones in Lake Chuzenji. After police arrived, they searched the forest and stumbled upon an abandoned house near the lake. They found traces of human activities including footprints and debris. But they never expected that the tip would expose the most gruesome and vicious crime in Japan.

Police searched around the area for what seemed like hours collecting the bones and whatever clues they could find. An officer noticed a flicking light coming from one of the windowsills in the abandoned house. Informing others, they searched inside the house not knowing what they would discover.

An unconscious boy who seems to be in teens was laying on the floor in one of the rooms covered in blood. The boy was "Sato Kobayashi."

Quickly they took him to the hospital, examining him. He was malnourished and suffered a high fever. As, he didn't look to be injured, only scars prominent. Where did the blood come from? The police questioned. They took the blood that was on his body and the blood from where he discovered.

As police waited for forensic to uncover the victims of the human bones.

The person in charge was Forensic Anthropologist, Edward Riku, upon weeks of examination he uncovered each victim and the time of death one by one. The last victims upon the list of discovered human remains were Yuri and Yuki Kobayashi

As they concluded all the evidence pointed to. Sato

From the weapons found in the crime scene and the blood found on his body. Kobayashi was later that day arrested for the murder of the Lake Chunzenji killings.

The news broke of the vicious murder, spreading all through Japan, like wildfires. "Sato Kobayashi, a prestigious scholar from Edo High, murdered twenty-two women and men, in Nikko, Japan." The country was shaken and in despair by the headlines of Sato Kobayashi crime and soon after the streets of Tokyo were in an uproar.

Protesting for Sato to get the largest sentence or the death penalty. But, detective Ruri Kenshin was not convinced that Sato Koboyashi was alone in these murders and that he had an accomplice. Detective Kenshin argued to reopen the case. As he believed that the case was overlooked and that Sato had an accomplice or wasn't the murderer behind these crimes.

Police started to question themselves. Why was Kobayashi unconscious in the abandoned house and, heavily drugged?

Reopening the case, Forensic provided results of Mr. Kobayashi's blood. His blood contained a high dosage of Heroin and LSD. Also, obtaining his medical records Kobayashi suffered from Dissociative Amnesia and, Neuro-cardiovascular syncope.

From the expert's analyst, they concurred that Sato was unfit to commit these crimes.

Detective Kenshin visited each victim's home. The nineteen victims were Kai Kyoto, who went missing in earlier spring. Kenshin discovered more than one fingerprint in Kyoto's home. Kenshin gave forensic the fingerprints found. It was unveiled that there was another person in the victim's home. Sato Kobayashi's sister. Saiko Yoshida.

Police were in a frenzy as the suspect of interest was no longer Sato. But, Saiko.

Police realized that Saiko Yoshida used Sato for her heinous crimes as she would kidnap and kill the victims leaving a drugged Sato's fingerprints at the scene of the crime. Misleading the police.