chap 7

The queen mother smiled . Relief flooded through her . Now she was sure that if death called her she could die a happy and free woman . " Regina Mia Donna " you have made my a happy woman . " she said cleaning her tears " come my sweet . You will freeze if you stay longer . " so she completed the washing process . Putting healing herbs on her daughter in laws scars and then washing it lovingly . " I will teach you how to care for the royal guests and what is expected of you from your husband.
We will have so much fun mother and daughter .oh I will take you places and spoil you rotten. I will teach you how to honor ur husband in the presence of his guests . " her mother in law babbled. Regina couldn't tell her that . She smiled instead.

" we will start the lessons tomorrow . But you have to eat before the beautician comes . If she sees you she will die of shock . " by the time they got out a towel was already set . Regina wrapped herself up and went to seat in front of a giant sized mirror . Queen mother took care of her skin applying different things that Regina has never used. And styled her hair.

Opening a very large wardrobe she took out clothes of many bright colors meant for ladies of royal birth and shoes that could buy Regina and all that she was worth .

For the first time Regina wondered who those clothes and shoes belonged to . Could it be one of his concubines.
No concubines don't dress so nicely and comfortably , they dress scantily . Does he have a mistress.? It must belong to his mistress .

How can they make her wear something that belongs to her sires other woman . Who was she kidding she was the other woman .not someone else . She tore her eyes away from the dresses and looked somewhere else.
" of course he will love you in this it's so nice and it brings out the color of your beautiful eyes. " the queen mother exclaimed to herself. Asking her what she thought ." it's beautiful" Regina answered.

Moments later she was dressed .lavish meal and she ate . She knew she should try to be lady like but she couldn't . She who had always begged for food almost all her life and now she had the grace to eat a lavish meal . She ate like a horse a d no morsel fell to the floor . Not a single morsel .

After that the beautician came . Looking at her scars the beautician herself was left mortified ." are you sure she can go to the wedding like this " queen mother asked worried " I don't know queen mother but I do know this scars needs a lot of work. The beautician said . " what do you want me to tell vermol he is too eager for this wedding and you know words about the wedding have spread .he cannot go back on his words . " " I know queen . I will do my best " " you have to. vermol will rain terror if he sets eyes on this scars " the queen mother said making Regina wonder why she meant so much to him .

Until yesterday they have Never crossed paths and even then she didn't look into his face . What does he see on her to want to go as far as marriage ? He doesn't know her . And Regina was afraid that if he knew the whole truth he will leave her. They all did .

He amputated the high commander that touched her , he will kill nicoli for her honor . For hurting her , he will not like her scars . Does he care for her or does he want something from her like all men does .

She grew up in a brothel after all . She saw men for what they really were lewd , lustful and pretentious. Some even left their ever lovingly wife for a taste of the brothel ladies . But no man has ever married a woman from the brothel before it was a shame to such men . They liked sex but hated commitments , ask them for a ring and they make excuses like I love my wife . The same wife they ignored when having sex.

So yes she was afraid to give herself to any man . She knew that she would eventually give herself away someday but she silently used to pray to give herself to a man that deserved her .

Now she knew she couldn't run away . Not anymore . She had to give herself to the sire when ever and wherever he demands .but somewhere in her was hanging on to that faint hope that he won't demand . He won't force . He will beg for it . He will lower his pride for a taste of her body and he will still beg for more. She knows it felt foolish .it felt like a romance read out of the pages of a book but she hoped desperately for it .

After marriage he had a right to claim her and make her pregnant with his heir . The whole castle will be waiting to hear the news. No the whole world.will be eager to hear that good news and some will be expecting to get back at him and have a good laugh at his expense. So yes he doesn't have to take permission to sleep with her .

But that silent part of her heart yearning for a little bit of romance kept.telling her what if ?
She wants to be treated as a lover not a whore.

" Regina my sweet are you even listening to me?" The queen mother's voice boomed through her thoughts " yes.....yes mother forgive me I ..was just ... lost" how will you tell a mother of the king you were hoping of a decent way the king would make love to you?
Awkward.

" I was saying that you should get some rest when you wake I will start the treatment and take you lessons as promised. " she nodded and yawned .

" tonight is a special night for both of you. Rest well . My sweet " Regina closed her eyes and zoned out but she was happy and satisfied that day unlike other times when she went to bed to stop the hunger from being so obvious.

Like other people she dreamt .in her dream she was in the garden again . The garden where she met her mother before but this time she wasn't there to play she was there to see mother and find answers about what her mother said about" the one whose soul is condemned to Hades . " she wanted to know who he was or why she shouldn't run away .

" mother ....mother am here . " Regina called through the emptiness of the garden. " Regina Mia Viva turn your back and see me " mother said and Regina turned . Mother was indeed there .Regina ran into her waiting arms ." I have been waiting mother for nine years I have been waiting for you to come get me like you promised I almost died waiting. " Regina cried into her mother's comforting bosom . The one she suckled from when she was a child. " nei . My child . Heaven forbade that you died before me ." mother said running her fingers through Regina's now smooth hair while planting kisses on her cheeks regularly . They stayed like that .none said a word . Mother and daughter bonding after a long time . Finally mother spoke " this is the last time we meet my sweet child " Regina looked up at her mother's face . No " what are you saying mother dearest . You can't leave me again . I won't let you. " mother smiled . A smile that held pain . " sweet child the gate between the mortals and the immortal is closed . I want you to be happy Regina Mia viva. Don't she'd tears and know that your
mama always wanted your happiness." " who will love me mother? Why are you leaving again ? Did I do something wrong again ? " " Nah ! Sweet child.you will never do anything wrong . Am not leaving you I will forever be in your heart . If you ever need me . " " and love ?" Regina asked mother smiled ."he will love you my child . More than I could ever do ."

He? Again ? Who is he? But before she could ask mother was gone.

Mother was gone .and something in that sentence made Regina fearful . Was mother really......gone?