The World's Become BL/ind

This is my story, it's a pretty rubbish one and it all takes place in 2019. It's about a man I met, I didn't fall in love with him, just his ideas. It's about how we tried to save the world, and tried to fix what was broken. We were rebels. And we did try our hardest. But in the meantime we're just some kids from yesterday.

My names Destiny Saunders, and I'm a killjoy and proud.

It all started around about 2015, when depression and suicide was at an all time high. People blamed bands, music suicide cults called 'emos'. None of it was anyone's fault, it was just that the pressure of society had increased. I was 20 years old when a man named Godfrey Wilkinson designed a revolutionary drug. It was able to alter neurones in the brain and turn sad emotions into happy ones. The whole world bought into the idea, happiness contained in a 1cm pill.

He won awards, heck even the coveted Nobel Peace Prize for science and medicine. Thanks to him the world was a much happier place. Less suicides. Less murders. Less emotion. It all came to a point where I didn't like how the human race was headed. I didn't like how easy it was to erase our emotion, erase our humanity.

Mr Wilkinson had started new projects, 'top secret' projects protected by the American government. His pills were being advertised everywhere, at street corners you'd see would be heroin or cocaine addicts, huddled in a circle taking a happy pill. It sickened me. I had a few friends who agreed with my opinions and we swore we'd fight the criminal act taking place.

In late 2016 men in white suits with painted on black eyes and smiles started to appear. They kept pushing the drug on you, saying things like 'you look awful down today, here become happy' or 'turn that smile upside down for $2.50'. What I was so surprised about was how few people didn't take the drug, and then I knew why.

In 2017 my house got raided by the white suited men. They captured me and forced me onto the pill. I couldn't help myself I had no choice, but it felt amazing. Like all the negativity had gone and I was a free spirit to do as I pleased. But oh no. Cause then I managed to escape. They didn't bother searching for me,must another small being in a big game. So I just ran and ran and ran.

In 2018 the earthquake came. It ripped straight through my home state of California. Almost every city and town was destroyed, L.A, Sacramento you name it gone. And guess what this meant. Homeless desperate people. Depressed people. The men in white suits had a name now 'Better Living Industries' or 'BL/ind'. They took these newly dependent and force fed them on medication until their inside were dying. Then they were brainwashed. Their heads torn apart and all their memories, emotions and thoughts were taken. BL/ind now had an army of mind controlled soldiers, and I was scared to death.

I ran away into the desert, just outside a newly built city called 'Battery City'. It was a small group of us, as we didn't trust many and shot any who looked like traitors. It was a quiet life until we became public enemy number 1.

So we just kept running and running and running.

My name may be Desitny but you should know me as,

Motorbaby Sunset.