Shoyou Hinata x Uke! Short male reader

Start from the beginning

"So, I wanted to ask you, how is he acting during your classes. Is he lost like he is on practices?"

Kageyama thought for a moment before recalling a memory from the other day.

"You know, the other day, during math he stared out of the window for the main part of the lecture, so the teacher asked him to solve the equation. He stood up and looked around like he didn't remember being there in the first place. He started reciting Shakespear we did last week on literature..."

Daichi paid close attention to Kageyama's words as he thought about them. He nodded before jogging to Suga.

"He's completely lost... I don't know what it could be. Like he is always thinking about something..."

Suga smirked.

"Or someone?"

Daichi's eyes widen. This was an acceptable explanation, Hinata was crushing on someone, and he was crushing hard. He always thought about that person and that's why he was acting so weird. Suga brought Daichi out of his thoughts as he spoke up again.

"I really wanna find out who is Hinata's crush... Don't you?"

He looked over to his captain to see curiosity in his eyes. He smirked.

"Yup, you do want to know. So let's find out. Tomorrow after practice."

Daich thought about it. He did want to know, but since Hinata haven't told them anything made him wonder if it was okay. In the end, Daichi's curiosity won over his rational side. Tomorrow they would follow Hinata.

Lound bell echoed the halls to indicate the end of school for the day. Daichi had messaged the rest of the team to met him at the roof, where he would tell them about his plan. He paced around the roof as Suga and Asahi sat leaning on the wall. The door opened and drew the attention of three boys and the rest of the team joined them on the roof. They all sat and focused their attention on the captain, waiting for him to speak. 

"Okay, so we all noticed how Hinata is acting strange lately."

They nod in agreement, looking over at each other.

"We will follow him after practice today to see what is going on."

Some of the members looked excited, others troubled about the act they were going to do. But in the end, they all matched the determination and curiosity that lied behind Daichi's eyes. It was settled, silently they all agreed to follow their fellow teammate to find out what was going on.

"Act like usual at the practice, now let's head to the gym."

When they got there, Hinata was already changed, sitting next to the gym doors with his eyes glued to his phone. He typed furiously with a wide grin on his face. The team approached, and only when they were a few feet away from him, he became aware of their presence. He quickly pocketed his phone looking over at his teammates that had different expressions on their faces. He awkwardly gazed at the ground hoping the gazes of his teammates wouldn't set his orange hair on fire. Daichi would have questioned Hinata, but with his plan in mind, he dropped the idea, deciding not to waste time. Practice quickly started as usual. Nothing special happened during the practice, Hinata zoned out on a couple of occasions which resulted in several spikes hitting his face. Suga guided him to the bench as he went for some ice for Hinata. When he returned Hinata typed on his phone giggling.

"Found something funny?"

Suga asked as he took the seat next to the orange-haired male. Hinata quickly looked away from Suga, but the older teen catches a glimpse of red dancing across Hinatas cheeks.