Chapter 20 - Run Of Luck.

As I was heading to work, a white car pulls out next to me. The car window roll down and I saw a woman late in her 20's, short hair, wearing a police uniform sitting on the driver seat.

"Can we talk?" she asked politely and took out her identification card to show me.

"Sorry I'm actually really late to work and-"

"I will send you. Please." She pleads. I nod.

From there I get to know her, she's a female officer and her name is Jung Hwa. She saw me coming out from Eden Studio when she was interviewing the landlady,  after that she decided to followed me as she have some questions to ask. Jung Hwa asked if there were any suspicious things going on in Eden Studio and I badly wanted to say yes.

But if I did, Moon Jo would be in deep trouble and I didn't want to lose him.

Maybe I should just tell her about 301, about how that jerk was harrasing me earlier. But if I tell her about that, will I also get in trouble because I beat the shit out of him?

"Jong Woo? Are you okay?" she wave her hands infront of my face to distract me.

"Sorry I spaced out." I said quickly, "Well so far there's nothing suspicious or anything on. I admit, everyone there acts a bit weird but they don't disturb anyone. They just mind their own business."  Lies.

"I see."

Soon, we reached my workplace.

"Thank you, Jong Woo. See you around!" she said before driving away.

I smiled and quickly entered the building, unaware that the landlady is watching me from across the street.

*

The landlady stood there and wondered if Jong Woo told the police woman anything about them.

I don't think he would. She thought.

But if he did, then they are the first one that would get in trouble.

Not the both of them.

Because when someone get killed, the stuttering twins and 301 were the one who need to clean up the mess and get rid of all the evidences although they are not the ones who commited the murder.

Well at least not from for now.

"Wow, you have glowing face." A female voice said, distracting her from her thoughts.

"What?" The landlady replied back with confusion crossed her face. "You think so? What else can you see through my face?"

"I can tell that you're gonna have a bright future soon. But you're facing a big problem right now. Something or someone is bothering and getting in your way." The fortune teller said, grinning. "But you will find your way."

"Is that all?"

"Oh and there are many sick people around you."

The landlady didn't respond.

The woman's smile falters as the landlady continue to stare at her with a sour expression until she suddenly laughs and ask if she really could tell her future. Thinking she finally caught a guillable customer, the fortune teller suggests that they go to a nearest cafe to talk more and is thrilled when the landlady invites her home instead.

*
When they arrived, the landlady brings the fortune teller into the kitchen and serves her a hot tea. Soon after, the stuttering twin joins them and sat right next to the woman.

"Now tell me, what can you tell from his face?" The landlady urges her to read Deuk Jong face.

The woman puts the cup on the table and studied his face, "Your ear is split in two. I see someone else."

"W-Wow that's impressive. What else?"

"Hmm.... You also have a sibling."

Both Deuk Jong and the landlady  surprised by the woman's ability.

"And you will also have an unfortunate year." She added in.

"D-Does that mean I have a b-bad luck?"

"It's the bad karma that accumulated from your sins" She said seriously. The woman noticed the weird expression on Deuk Jong face, he was smiling earlier. But now, he was glaring at her.

The woman realizes that she was the only one drinking the tea.

She suddenly felt uneasy.

The woman quickly stood up to excuse herself, but suddenly her vision become blurry. Attempting to run away, she tries to move but the landlady pushes her head against the table, at this point, the woman is shaking terribly. "You want to know why there's a lot of sick people around me?" She grabs her hair rougher and laughs when she saw woman reaction. "Because I make them sick."

The woman begs for mercy but the landlady slams her face into the table.

*
That same day, 4.37pm.

She was terrified when she woke up and  finds herself being locked up in a dark and dirty room with both of her hands and legs being tied with a rope. To make things worse, the weird man that stood infront of her now won't stop staring at her while holding a knife in his hands. His left eyes are badly swollen and he has bruises on his both of his cheeks.

"Should I kill you?" 301 asked her as he slightly bend down to look into her eyes, she was terrified and shaking terribly.

But then she realizes something, the guy made a stupid mistake. He didn't tied her hands and legs with the rope tightly enough, meaning she can easily escape. And without wasting anymore time, she hardly kick 301 in the place where the aun doesn't shine, making him screamed in pain.

Seeing the opportunity to run, she quickly escape the operation room and lock it so that 301 is unable to chase after her. The fortune teller quickly ran towards the door to the staircase and make her way downstairs. She almost get caught by the landlady but she managed to hide.

The lady sucessfully make her way out of the building, she then saw a handsome looking man, tall and wearing all black, walking towards her. "Help me..." She grabs him, "I'm badly injured and I can't walk." She pleads with him to help her, as she was feeling weak.

"Then you should crawl." Moon Jo replied.

The lady is terrified when she heard that, even surprised when this guy showed no empathy or sympathy towards her.

Is he one of them?

"If you want to live, then you should crawl." He added in, looking at her with cold eyes.

This is it. She thought. She is going to die.

Needless to say, she ends right back up in the chair on the 4th floor. The residents crowd around her and the woman prays to be spared. Moon-jo chuckles that praying is pointless since she’s going to die anyway and he leaves the room.

301 quickly rush to the woman, holding her down and tipping her head up as Bok-soon walks up with that jug of red liquid in her hand. She identifies it as mushroom water and assures the woman she’ll be dead soon after drinking it… and then pours the jug down the woman’s throat as she tries to scream.