"But what about you? You saved me right?" A nod. "How did you know where to find me?"

Hunk rubbed at the back of his neck, exhaling roughly. He tossed at glance at the cabin in the distance before looking back at Lance with heavy eyes.

"It was more of a string of luck, to be honest." He spoke, "A chick named Katie found you but she was looking for her brother or something."

"Brother?"

"He was part of your crew." Hunk furrowed his eyebrows. "The graduate that was with you and the professor."

Lance's eyes widened as he suddenly recalled auburn hair and warm honey eyes in a flash of a memory.

"Matt."

"Huh?"

"Matt."

"Lance?"

Matt.

"Lance??"

Hunk watched in startle as a few tears suddenly spilled from Lance's wide eyes, which seemed to be staring right through him rather than at him.

"Lance?" He called again, "Dude?" He reached to shake him but Lance blinked into awareness before he could touch him. The lanky man lifted a hand to his head, messing up his bangs as he tangled his fingers in them.

"Shit."

Woah. Hunk retracted his hand. Lance didn't curse. He never cursed.

"I almost forgot about him." Lance muttered out quickly, his voice wavering. "Why can't I...remember him?"

Hunk stared at the other man sitting before him, looking as lost as he felt. He could endure Lance's shaken expression for only mere moments before he frowned, jaw set.

"We should head back inside."

The sentence was unhelpful to his situation but proved to be a decent distraction from his current crisis over his fractured memory, and so Lance stood to follow Hunk, whom was already rising to his feet. Once inside the cabin, however, Lance was forced to acknowledge his earlier behavior and panic.

He cast his eyes down as he rubbed his arm, glancing up at the people in it.

"I'm sorry about earlier." He apologized after clearing his throat. "I was not...thinking straight." He winced.

They're gonna think he's a looney, crazy, unsta –

"It's fine, Lance."

The brunette blinked in startle at the smooth baritone voice that filtered through the small room that said his name. Aside from Hunk and himself of course, his light colored eyes fell on the only other male in the room who sat on the armrest of the couch next to a girl with short white hair, looking in his direction with a small smile.

"You've been through..." The man paused, looking thoughtful, "... a lot. No one is going to blame you for freaking out a bit."

Something warm bloomed in his chest as the man tossed him another tentative smile and he gave one of his own in return, expression grateful.

"Thank you." Lance murmured. It seemed as if the man's expression brightened at the acknowledgement and Lance could've sworn he saw his face color a light pink but it was gone before he knew it.

"First time I've heard you so considerate, Shiro." Hunk spoke up, making Lance look at him. Hunk's expression was dry as a bean as he stared at the other man with a raised brow.

"Oh shut up." Shiro – so his name's Shiro? Good to note – rolled his eyes as he said this.

Lance looked between the two, quickly growing lost as they fell into banter. The girl near Shiro offered him a smile as she waved him over. Lance crept over to her and sat on the other side of the couch, body tense once more. Now that he was up close to her, he realized that this girl was...freaking beautiful.