Chapter 3

2001
Naples, Italy

In the dark room, even the sound of the clock ticking had a relaxed feeling as if it was a heartbeat at rest. Amidst the silence, a young boy sat on his cold hardwood chair. The sound of the chair creaking echoed throughout the darkness. His long gold blonde hair was still visible and the coldness of his turquoise eyes flickered beneath the glistening full moon.

His name is Giorno Giovanna. Though people had tried, his true identity remained a mystery within the mafia ever since he became the new boss. With the support of the famous Speedwagon Foundation, Passioné's image was rebuilt. Members who were against him and betrayed the gang were immediately assassinated.

At least, that was what Giorno thought. Last month, after recruiting Fugo back to the gang, he asked him, with the help of Shiela E, to dispose of the remaining traitors in the gang. They were both successful, but Kocaqi wasn't the only leader that remained a traitor.

The door from the boy's room opened, and a small gush of wind sent chills down the blonde's spine. In the opening, a visible figure of a man stuck out.

"Giorno? You called for me?" The man entered his room, seemingly confused as to why Giorno would look for him at this time at night. He stood amidst the younger one, with his hands both still inside the pockets of his jeans. His slim build was noticeable. Even in the darkness, his large black orbs glowed.

"Mista, we have a new mission..."

Guido Mista, said to be the 15 year old boss' right-hand man. Truth be told, Mista claimed himself as the boss' third man because of how much he despises the number four. If he was the second man in-charge, two plus two would result the number four. The unlucky four. Mista found this fact unbearable and therefore, handed the position over to Polnareff.

Proven to be a skilled gunslinger, Mista chose to swear fealty to his friend, even through their bittersweet memories. Seven months ago, when Mista and Trish had gone back to the Colosseum after the fight between Giorno and Diavolo, they were both in disbelief after seeing the soulless body of their once leader, lie dull in the cold hard ground. Mista had once tried to shoot Giorno after admitting that he knew Bucciarati was already dead even before. Fortunately, he didn't.

I'm leaving the rest up to you, Giorno. Don't worry. This is how it should be.

Bucciarati's last words had given him the courage to continue. Those who carry on the will of those who have passed must keep moving forward. And so they did. For the three members that sacrificed their lives, the survivors decided to live through their will.

Giorno tossed two photographs of a mysterious girl onto his table. Mista slid his fingers down onto the hardwood surface and picked up the images. The girl had a slender build. She had straight black hair that ran until her chin with thin bangs that fell loosely onto her face. Two golden bobby pins sat above her left ear which had five small black piercings. Two rings on her cartilage and three studs on her lobes. On her left arm, she has a tattoo with a lace-like pattern, similar to one that both Giorno and Mista had seen before.

"Who is she?" He asked. Though he realized how much similarities she had to an old friend, Mista chose to kept his thoughts aside.

"She goes by Alice Romano." The blonde boy pressed his fingers onto his forehead and gently closed his eyes, as he slowly leaned back onto his chair. The instant seriousness from Giorno's voice suddenly caused Mista to feel unease.

"Last night, I was looking through Bucciarati's old files that came from his apartment and I found these.." He explained. "He was investigating on this girl and it seems like, he had been doing so for a long time."