𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢. the accusation

Start from the beginning

"Hi, Uncle Peter." She chuckled in return, as much as she used to hate the nickname; the more time spent away from her family, the more she learned to love and miss it.

"To what do we owe this call?"

"I just wanted to see you both. It's almost been two months since I last saw you."

Derek crossed his arms over his chest as he leaned back in his chair. "Well, if you didn't throw yourself into stupid situations, we wouldn't have to wait so long."

Olivia rolled her eyes with a sigh. "We're doing this? Again?"

"You owe us an explanation, Liv."

"He's right, little wolf." Peter drawled out as he leaned forward, his blue eyes glinting as ever. "You do owe your darling family an explanation."

Olivia shifted, lifting the laptop to cross her legs before setting it back down softly. "Yeah, I know... okay, get comfy."

It had taken roughly about three hours to fully explain the 'case' she had worked with Jessica, everything from discovering the case to everything that happened at Midland Circle.

Derek and Peter certainly didn't help the conversation move along any faster with all the questions and interruptions they provided for the youngest Hale.

Their questions usually held the same tome; things like 'why would you do that?' to 'wre you stupid?', to which she would give a deadpan look accompanied by an eye-roll.

"So... You've been staying in the basement of a church, making sure that the vigilante 'Daredevil' doesn't get himself killed?" Derek spoke slowly, as if trying to process the words himself.

Olivia bit her lip as she nodded, not quite knowing how to respond.

"Jesus, Olivia."

"I know."

"Do you?"

Olivia gave him a look as she rose her brows. "Yes, Derek. I'm not an idiot."

The man threw his head back, a sarcastic laugh echoing around his loft. "You could've fooled us."

She gave him a blank stare, her eyes drifting to look at Peter who had leaned back, a finger on his lips as he pouted in thought. "Anything to add, Peter?"

He leaned forward, his face coming so close to the screen that Olivia actually leaned back. "Just one teensy little thing." He spoke lowly, making his niece and nephew stare at him in curiosity. "Who is he?"

Olivia stared for a moment, her mouth open before she sighed and dragged a hand down her face. She didn't know why she had thought that her uncle would actually ask a serious question. "Yeah, I'm not telling you unless he lets me, sorry."

"Olivia Hale."

"Oh, whacking out the full name huh? Very threatening, four outta ten."

"I'm serious." Her uncle spoke, sounding completely and utterly... not serious.

"That's all you care about?"