Chapter 8: Preparing for exams

Start from the beginning

 "So how's Kunugigoaka been treating you?" Yachiyo asked.

 "Pretty well," (Y/n) replied," My classmates are so entertaining and the teachers are just as fun."

 "That's good," Yachiyo said," And no one in school is bothering you?"

 "If you mean bullying, I just so happen to be in a class that is targeted by bullies," (Y/n) explained," But if you mean personally then no."

 "You're class is the target for bullies?" Yachiyo repeated as she brought over two mugs of tea.

 "Yes, but that's how things are in that school," (Y/n) said as she sat down in one of the chairs," If you're in E-class, everyone bullies you and the principle allows it."

 "That sound terrible," Yachiyo said as she placed the mugs down on the table," But I guess as long as it doesn't bother you, it doesn't matter."

 "I agree," (Y/n) said.

 Yachiyo looked up at (Y/n). She didn't have a smile on her face anymore and her eyes looked extremely tired. This was the only place she let this happen. Because here no one had high expectations for her. Here, she was just as human as Yachiyo.

 "So, where do you want to start?" Yachiyo asked.

 The next day, some unexpected news came around. Apparently class A had challenged E class to see who could get first place in most of the subjects. Whoever lost had to do one thing for the other class, which could be anything. This bet made (Y/n) feel more pressure to do better on the exams. Yachiyo better be prepared for this.

 "You've been at the bottom for too long," Korosensei said to the class," So this time I want you to fight to get to the top, and this. For my tentacles, the rewards have been set. If you're an assassin, you always have to aim high!"

 (Y/n) smiled at this. Everyone seemed a lot more determined to get to the top now, which was nice. The atmosphere felt more like a school now and even though (Y/n) wasn't a fan of it, for this class it was a nice change of pace.

 Once school ended for the day, (Y/n) ran over to where Isogai and Maehara were. She called out to the two of them, which caught them both by surprise.

 "Hey Isogai, Maehara," (Y/n) said," Do you guys want to study with me and my friend today?"

 "Sure!" Isogai beamed," If your friend doesn't mind."

 "She won't mind," (Y/n) said," But her place is pretty far away from here so you might want to prepare for that."

 "That won't bother us!" Maehara said," We're going to be hanging out with two pretty girls after all!"

 (Y/n)'s eyes widened at the comment.

 "Pretty?" she whispered.

 "You don't even know her friend," Isogai commented," Why are you already thinking about flirting with her?"

 "I'm not," Maehara denied while looking to the side," It's just every girl is pretty in their own way! It doesn't matter if I've met them or not!"

 Isogai nodded his head but wasn't convinced what so ever. (Y/n) was still trying to comprehend what Maehara said. She had never been called pretty in her entire life. It was just cute and stuff like that. But pretty? 

 "I don't understand," (Y/n) whispered, catching the two boy's attention," No one in my entire life has called me pretty. Where'd he get the idea to do that. I don't understand."

 Both Isogai and Maehara sweat dropped as (Y/n) continued rambling on. It took her a few minutes before she calmed down. But once she did it was a huge relief to both boys.