⚔Chapter 1⚔

-Third Person's POV-

A fire demon rage was seen glowing red & orange against the night sky, followed quickly by a sky demon wing attack.

The girls were standing straight, although sweating & panting. To think that this was only a practice match. Their guild mates watched intently from the sidelines, debating on who they expected to win.

"Think you can keep going?" The girl with light blue curly hair spoke up, her red & orange eyes burning like a fire.

The other girl nodded, her wavy dark scarlet hair was shining in the moonlight, while her eyes had become alight with a forest green fire.

"Definately, now let's get on with it!" She replied, smirking & running forward, "Sky demon claws of wind!" She yelled, slashing at her friend as the other girl dodged, jumping backwards.

"Fire demon iron claws!" The girl called out, her hand became a ball of fire as she said this & she used it to hit her opponent. She grinned, watching her friend's magic disappear as the flames hit her.

-Synthia's POV-

I laughed, those two can be idiots sometimes.

"I think that's enough you two~" our master, Mizari stopped their messing around, "you'll turn this place into a pile of dust!" She exclaimed, eyeing the mess they had made.

"Yes master..." The two faced her, bowing their heads, "gomen nasai"

"Don't worry, just make sure you clean up tomorrow!" Mizari instructed, glaring at them.

"Hai!" The pair said in sync & ran to their friends as I laughed at them,

"how'd we do?" Mizumi asked imediately,

"Great! I don't think anyone would've won, that could've gone on forever~" I answered, still laughing.

"Great battle you guys!" Nasumi & Shizuka came running up to us, smiling at the older mages.

"Thanks Sumi-chan, Yuka-chan." Anika replied, grinning at them as we walked towards the dorms. I walked next to Mizumi, leaving Anika to talk with the two a-class mages. We turned the corner, approaching our room.

"Sayonara you two, see you tomorrow." Anika called to Nasumi & Shizuka, sometimes I forgot that they weren't in our room with us. They were close friends of ours, although they weren't on our team, we still went on the occasional mission together.

I opened the door, being careful to watch my step. Mizumi was the typical prankster -although that doesn't mean Anika & I don't have our own fun- & she seemed to love seeing people trip as they came in the door.

"I'm tired~" Anika yawned, collapsing on her bed. I laughed again, climbing up to my own bed. We had one of the largest rooms in the dorm, all the s-class mages were supposed to sleep in here; but since there's only the 3 of us & the room isn't really THAT big, Mizari decided that we could have our own room. The three of us had redecorated, to save space we all had those bunk beds that you can put desks under in front of the 3 windows that were lined up on our wall.

"Yeah, after that I think I could sleep anywhere!" Mizumi agreed, hiding her nose under her blankets & falling asleep almost instantly.

"Good night guys~" I said, closing my eyes & swiftly falling asleep.

~*-------------*~

-Mizumi's POV-

I opened the doors to the guild, catching sight of Syth & Nika almost immediately.

"Hey guys, what's up?" They didn't answer as I approached. Nasumi & Shizuka were just standing there watching.

"They're arguing again." Yuka said, not looking up.

"Really, again?" I sighed in exhasperation, this was going to be a long day, "about what?"

"Who's taller." Sumi answered, like Shizuka she didn't turn to look at me as she spoke.

"Seriously? Idiots." I groaned, crossing my arms.