What's Happening?

Start from the beginning

When we got to the hospital we piled out of the car and I locked it before we went inside and had to wait for the receptionist to come back from putting a patient into a bed so we just sat in the waiting room for an hour. Zack and Billy had brought a big card from all of the guys on the squad saying get better soon with funny like quotes from each member of their group and a silly drawing on the front of an Anime version of Jacob pulling a face with his tongue sticking out of his mouth.

Once the receptionist finally came back she said that Jacob already had a visitor but we could go into see him too since he was feeling a lot better.

She let us through the doors we went in the elevator to level three and walked down two long corridors until we got to room number 776. Jacob was the only person in this room now because the doctors thought that it would be better for him to be alone since he was only a teenager and his roommate had been moved to another room yesterday just after I left.

“So you and Jacob really like each other don’t you? I mean when we last saw him you were the only thing that he could talk about.” Zack had told me in the elevator, I felt the blood rush to my ears and knew that I was blushing.

“Well yeah but it’s kind of my fault that he’s in here.” I said trying not to show them how I felt about it, I still felt guilty that he had been hurt because I had antagonised William.

“Yeah we know we heard about it from Cassidy. But it wasn’t your fault at all, those guys were just jerks.” Billy said putting his hand on my shoulder. I smiled at the thought of what had happened to the boys at school on Monday, Cassidy really had gotten them back for hurting Jacob.

We had told the police what had happened and on Monday the boys, except for Kyle, had been taken out of class first period and arrested for assault and put under house arrest.

Kyle had constantly apologised for what had happened and I had already forgiven him, but I had also told him that it was Jacob that he had to apologise to, and he had. He had also been granted access to our group since his ‘friends’ wouldn’t be around for a long time, he was really a lot nicer than he used to act and everyone got on with him easily; especially the twins, it was like he was the third brother.

“Yeah that’s what everyone keeps telling me, but it doesn’t really help, I’m just glad it wasn’t as bad as it could’ve been.” I said back, Zack and Billy squashed me in a hug and started tickling me until I laughed and couldn’t breathe.

“Well let’s go see him. Knowing him he’s probably wondering where we are.” Zack said smiling and laughing a tiny bit when he and Billy finally stopped tickling me and let me go.

“Knowing him, yeah.” I chuckled when the door opened and a doctor stood there staring at us like we were freaks, he had probably heard me and the boys laughing and wondered what was going on. 

When we got to Jacob’s room I turned the door knob and opened the door but I stopped before I even entered the room. I heard Billy gasp behind me and Zack swore loudly at what we saw. I felt my temper rise but  I shut my eyes to stop the hot tears that were wanting to over flow, they weren’t tears of sadness, they were tears of anger and rage.

If I opened my eyes again I knew I would snap.

                                                                                 ~ 

“Hey Cassidy how’s it going?” Jacob asked as Cassidy came into the room with some brightly coloured balloons.

“Good but school is a bit boring now that your still in here. Oh yeah and I brought you some decorations.” Cassidy said letting go of the balloons with a chuckle, they floated to the roof and gently bounced against the ceiling until they just sat there, making Jacob smile.