C H A P T E R T H I R T E E N

Börja om från början

"Lord Seventh's attending to something right now, so he wouldn't be here until probably later on," After checking on everything, Tsuchigomori sat down at the chair next to Yashiro and Aoi. Yashiro had immediately fallen asleep as soon as Tsuchigomori finished checking everything, so it was all silent for a few moments.

"Tsuchigomori-sensei, there's something I've been meaning to ask," Aoi's head hang low and she started to rub her thumb. 

"What is it?"

"Akane-kun accidentally blurted something he wasn't supposed to tell me the other day, but he refused to tell me the full details," The bluenette finally raised her head to the teacher, tears forming at the brim of her eyes. Tsuchigomori was a bit surprised to see the girl crying, but he knew exactly what she was going to ask him.

"Is Nene-chan really going to die?"

Tsuchigomori sighed, looking away from the girl for a moment. He crossed his arms and laid back on the backrest of the seat, before finally replying, "Yes."

Aoi began sobbing, and Tsuchigomori let her. Obviously, it would be hard for a normal human being to take in this information, especially when the person dying would be someone they loved. Tsuchigomori was used to seeing death, though. It had happened often too many times.

"W-Why? W-Why does it have to be Nene-chan? She didn't do anything wrong, right?" Aoi choked out, a few more tears began escaping her eyes. She brought out her handkerchief and gently dabbed it on her cheekbones.

"They say that life isn't fair, and it's exactly the same thing with death," Tsuchigomori said before the bell began to ring, signaling that Aoi and Tsuchigomori needed to go to class.

"T-The bell... I need to go," Aoi stood and was about to say goodbye to Tsuchigomori until she was interrupted.

"I'll give you a nurse's office pass so you can enter the classroom late, you obviously can't go to class looking like that," Tsuchigomori sent a small, yet sad smile, "I know it's hard for you to take in, but the kid would most probably want you not to worry about it."

Aoi couldn't help but smile at the sensei, who stood and quickly wrote on the pink admission slip before handing it to her. Aoi bowed to Tsuchigomori, bidding her goodbye and walking away to the bathroom. Soon after, Tsuchigomori began to make his way to his class, passing by Yako to inform her of Yashiro's presence in the infirmary.

•  •  •

Hanako was furious when he heard about Yashiro's condition from Tsuchigomori.

It seemed that what Hanako had anticipated all this time had now begun to strike. He knew this would become a major problem if it carried on. If he didn't do anything right now, then Yashiro would gradually get weaker and face more pain than ever. That would end with her—

"Dammit, Amane!" Hanako screamed, stabbing the knife hard onto the wooden frame of the window inside his boundary.

Why couldn't you do a single thing right? Because of you, the only person who ever really cared about you will die. If only you didn't make that deal if you were only strong enough to face your father. If only you were worthy enough for your mother to be proud and stay.

Hanako let out a sigh.

'I need to chill out, I can't face Yashiro like this.'

"You really are pathetic, you idiot Crazy Knife."

Hanako turned his head towards the mirror, where a familiar, sassy, and beautiful pink-haired boy stuck out. Mitsuba frowned, his brows furrowed and his eyes positioned to look at the Seventh Wonder. Hanako narrowed his eyes at the third wonder, tension building up the whole room.