{ Chapter 5 }

[James's POV]

I've been working for Valencia Ivanov for around 3 weeks and still don't know anything about her, sure she's hot. But that's all I know. She won't tell me anything and tries to always keep things secret. Today is Friday, and she's never here, but I have her number in my phone for obvious reasons. Even though I never know where she is on Thursday, I've heard from Hayley that on Friday she goes to do "fieldwork". If she does, then why wouldn't her secretary go with her?
This afternoon I'm actually going to call Miss Ivanov and invite her out to dinner, obviously I'll be paying for it since I'll be asking her. If she declines then I'll convince her, and if she accepts then that's good I guess.
I haven't even started work yet and I'm already scared about what I'm gonna do at the end of my shift. It's okay I'll manage. Today was a lot of running around and I was asked to hold a meeting with the head of each department. They're all going pretty well, but some of them didn't show up, I've never seen them on Friday's anyway. I'll have a check-in with them on Monday or something. Today ran pretty smoothly, but all that was going through my head is what I was going to say to her. I started practising aloud.
"Hey, you wanna maybe go out to dinner"
"I don't know you that well and you're kinda my boss, wanna get dinner tonight?"
I sighed and sat down thinking about how dumb I looked and sounded. I continued to think of what I should say when suddenly the clock hit 6 and that's when I started to panic.
After heavily breathing in my office for 5 straight minutes I decided that it was time, so I picked up the phone and regrettably dialled her number...
*ring ring*
It felt like the phone rang for ages as a drop of sweat slowly trickled its way down my neck.
"Um hey James," she said on the other side of the line, with a hint of surprise in her voice.
"This might sound weird and awkward but you're my boss and I know absolutely nothing about you. Can we maybe get dinner or something? One this once and I'll leave you alone for the rest of my life..." I muttered out as quickly as possible and sat in silence as I awaited her answer
"Sure" she replied
"It's okay, we don't have to. We can go another ti-" I said sounding like a fool
"I said sure" she answered in a monotone voice.
"Oh really? Okay then. I'll see you at 8? But where though?" I asked
"I'll send you the address of my favourite Mexican restaurant if that's all good," she said, probably not caring if I liked Mexican or not.
"Sure, Mexican is my absolute favourite" I answered before we said our goodbyes and I headed out of the office.
I got home at 6:25 and should probably leave around 7:40 because the restaurant was a 15-minute walk from my house. I decided to wear a button-up shirt with pants, not too formal but not too casual because I am going to be around my boss...

 I decided to wear a button-up shirt with pants, not too formal but not too casual because I am going to be around my boss

I turned up around 7 minutes to 8 and decided to hang outside, waiting for her to come. My head turned to see a white BMW speed down the road and stop at the restaurants' valet, I expected to see an old man and his young wife pull up, but it was a woman. The hottest woman I've ever seen in my life. Even though I was meant to be eating with my boss, I'd eat with this lady any day of the week. She strutted out of the car and handed her keys to the worker before looking at me. My face dropped realising who it was, my boss had no business turning up looking that fucking good. She had a little red bodycon dress on, with a slit in the leg, god damn I was drooling over this woman.