Chapter 1

A tired and fed up Olli walked out of her bedroom and stood on her balcony. Being daughter of an Alpha pair she got shotgun of the room she wanted in the pack house. She didnt pick the best room, she saved that for her best friend. She was going to need the bigger room more than Olli was.

Jane had recently found her mate within Lucas. Bodyguard to the girls and the Princess. He was tall, around 6ft 4. He had ashy blonde hair that fell almost to his shoulders, a look almost all the wolves here supported. His face was made from hard lines, he never really gave up this Façade till he saw Jane.

That was when he first began to melt. Jane was 16 two weeks before Olli was. That's when the wolf wakes up. Your human self is strong enough to support the wolf within. The moment the wolf starts breathing there is only one thing at the forefront of their minds. Finding a Mate. Jane managed this as soon as she stepped out of her door that night for her birthday party. Olli had never been so jealous. Most wolves were jealous.

Wolves can go centuries searching for their mates. Some never do and the insanity kills them. Their mate is the other half to their soul, without them they are a shell, nothing. In the end their wolf tears them apart from the inside out. The loneliness spirals them into madness. Their death, in the end, comes as a kindness.

At Jane's birthday party Lucas had a weird feeling telling him to dress up, and to dress up good. He decided on a button up white shirt, a black tie and black skinny Jean's. Framing, and showing off, his body in all the correct places. His wolf, Liulfr, was wanting to be proud. Lucas could see him in his mind's eye, grooming himself and puffing his chest out, as wolves did. Something was different this time though. Something was off.

That night, Olli was also getting ready. Her Lacey black dress would present all her wolf Marks to the other members of the pack. 'It would remind them of their place,' she thought. Drunk wolves are no different to drunk men. Her Luna Markings, from the Luna goddess herself, would remind them all of who she was going to be. Their leader.

She smiled to herself, knowing how fortunate she was. She had loving Alpha parents. They were both strong and beautiful. Her brother, although being quite a bit older than her, had made his own pack with his mate. They visited often. The two packs were like a huge family. It did mean, however, she would be Luna to this pack, with or without a mate of her own. She believed she could do it. She had been training for it her whole life. Countless lessons on not expressing emotions to other alphas or wolves. Countless lessons on fighting. Soon she would be 16 and have to have lessons about her wolf. 'But those will have to wait,' she thought, 'for tonight I party.'

She sighed as she lifted her sculpted arms to her long wavy blonde hair. She tied it into a braid across her head, eventually going down her back. She went to her window and looked at the flowers in the window box. Black tulips greeted her. She picked up her scissors and carefully cut some of the heads off. 'They would grow back', she thought to herself. She placed them carefully into gaps of her braid and secured them into place.

She looked into the mirror, her light blue eyes looking back at her. The black lace stood out on her pale skin. Over her right shoulder she saw her marks, beautifully cascading over her to the top her breast. If she turned around you would see them dance around to her back. 'So everyone around me knows who I am', she reminded herself, 'soon to be added to by a Male, a Mate." She knew that when she found her mate their Marks would match.

A knock at her door quickly brought her back to reality. "You may come in," she spoke softly but with authority, knowing the sensitive hearing on the other side could still hear her.
"Hey Cuz, it's only me. Apparently I'm your date to the party tonight." A smile spread across Olli's face as she recognised her cousins voice and scent. "Do you know how incestuous that sounds," she giggled. "It sounds a lot better than, I was told to escort you to the party, keep an eye on you and make sure no one does anything they shouldn't."

He had very cheeky grin across his face. His brown hair falling down in waves. His suit making him look smart but the lack of jacket making him seem casual. It sculpted his frame. His Mark's peeking out over his collar. Sam and Olli had grown up together along with Jane and their other friend Isabel. They were all around the same age, did all their classes together, and caused a lot of trouble together.

Olli turned to look at him and Sam bared his neck in submission. Though they didn't have their wolves yet, they knew all the wolf behaviours, and put them into practise. She walked towards him, grabbing her leather jacket on the way out. She looked him in the eye "You are usually the one doing something they shouldn't be." He extended his arm so she could put hers through it. Sam stood up straight and put on a posh accent. "Should we be off then M'lady." As the door shut behind them, the corridor filled with their laughter.