We soon arrived to our destination, exiting the train car. Shizuo held my hand, causing my cheeks to burn slightly with embarrassment, not used to this public affection. The pesky humans could deal with it, I decided, biting my lip as we walked put of the station. We made our way to Russian Sushi, many eyes on us, many humans openly chattering about us holding hands. I was clearly growing uncomfortable, and the blond man released my hand.
I shoved my hands in my pockets as we approached a certain vehicle in our path. Kodota and Erika working on unloading the van of it's cargo. Walker handed Saburo a drink, and Saburo inspected the can before opening it, deciding it wouldn't explode. Erika dropped the box she was carrying when she saw the two of she walking together, and I huffed with annoyance.

"Walker, Walker! Loooook!" The fujoshi shouted, waving her hands in my direction manically. I rolled my eyes, knowing she out of all people would be the happiest out of everyone discovering Shizu-chan and I being in a relationship. I forced a smile, raising a brow at her. "Ne, What are you pointing at?" I asked, feigning innocence.

She quickly got in my face, causing me to flinch away slightly. She pointed to me, and then to Shizuo, "You! Are on a date aren't you!?" Despite my earlier mental preparation for this, my cheeks still heated at the accusation. I nudged Shizuo, motioning for him to take the lead in the conversation. "Yep." Was all he said, leaving the entire group and myself flabbergasted. He draped his arm around my shoulders. Erika's excitement knew no bounds however, and she spun around, pointing at Walker, "You owe me 10,000 yen!"
Walker sat on a box, head hung in defeat as he paid up. I couldn't help but snicker at his misfortune, while Shizuo just looked confused. I saw this chance to escape, grabbing Shizu-chan's hand and dragging him in the direction of Russian Sushi.

We were quickly seated by a confused looking Simon once we arrived. Oh boy this was gonna be a long day.
"You no fight? No fight is good! Why?" Shizuo opened his mouth to speak, but I interrupted, turning to my Russian friend.
"Мы встречаемся, Саймон."
(We're dating, Simon.)
"Это очень хорошо, Изая! Я никогда не думал, что ты был типом..."
(This is very good, Izaya! I never thought you were the type...)
"За последние месяцы я многое пережил. Он был там для меня."
(I've experienced a lot in recent months. He was there for me.)
Simon nodded in agreement, a big smile on his face as he slapped Shizuo in the back. "Is very good! No more fight!"
He proceeded to take our orders.
Shizuo looked at me confused as Simon walked away. "Hmm?" I questioned his look. "I forgot you could speak Russian..." He mumbled, a slight look of embarrassment on his face, making me chuckle. Soon our food had arrived, and I dug into my sushi happily. Shizuo on the other hand had ordered some pork ramen.

We ate in a comfortable silence until about halfway through our meal, the bell ringing as someone opening the door to the restaurant. I looked behind me to see who it was, and sure enough, it was the trio. Mikado, Masaomi, and Anri. I sunk into my seat, my cheeks once again heating with embarrassment. Simon sat them at the booth next to us. They noticed Shizuo first, waving. "Hey Shizuo!" Mikado started, as the three walked over to our booth.

My face was on fire as I rested my forehead on the table, my embarrassment peaking. I could hear their gasps of shock, and I could nearly feel the deadpan expression on Shizuo's face as he spoke. They had asked why we were here together, and not trying to kill eachother, an expected question. "We're on a date." He replied, causing me to shrink further into my seat. I wished the floor would swallow me up in this moment, feeling all too human and exposed. The room went quiet with his words, the trio obviously too taken aback to reply. "Congrats..." Anri's quiet voice was the first to reply, breaking the silence. Masaomi didn't respond, however I could feel his cold eyes scanning over me, he still obviously didn't like me. Mikado hummed in agreement, mumbling, "Is this why you both have been so quiet lately?"
"Partially." Shizuo replied, swallowing the last mouthful of his food.
"Is this true? Or are you here on a dare?" Masaomi asked me, and I looked up at him. My mask was off, my face glowing red, "It's true..." I internally cursed myself, my voice coming out as my usual quiet and frail tone that I had around Shizu-chan in private. Masaomi was clearly taken aback by this, mouth hanging open. The room once again went silent, and I tuned out the following questions, staring out the window.

We left a short while later, and I carried a bag with the leftover food in my arms. I was too tired now to put my mask back on, resting my head against Shizuo's arm on the quiet train ride back to my Shinjuku. I sighed in relief when we arrived home, placing the sushi in the fridge before collapsing onto the couch. I groaned as Shizu-chan sat next to me, ruffling my hair. I scooted forward, laying my head down on Shizuo's lap with a sigh.

"You never told me being in love would be this hard..." I mumbled, staring up at him. "Everyone wants to get up in our business about it. I mean...I guess their reactions to the unexpected were expected? But I can't help but feel embarrassed and overexposed..."
The brute continued to toy with my hair, "Don't let it get to you, Flea."
I yawned, curling into a ball against him, head still on his lap. "I'm tired.." I sighed, and he chuckled. "Let's get you to bed."
Soon I was asleep in my bed, cuddled comfortably against my monstrous boyfriend.