"Now who's being cheeky?" El gasped, unable to stop herself from leaning back in and smashing her mouth against his.

Mike brought a hand to her cheek, his delicate touch allowing her to once again forget that she had somewhere to be. She got lost in the feeling, until one of the alarms she had snoozed started going off, ruining their moment.

"Ugh, I really have to get ready for work."

"Or you could stay?"

"Tempting." El sighed, hating the thought of having to be anywhere but in his arms. "But, I really need to go."

She flashed him a quick smile and pecked his lips before tossing the covers back. She then hopped out of bed, going straight to her dresser, where she began digging around in her drawers to find something to wear while she did her makeup. She didn't exactly want to get ready for the day being completely naked. 

"Okay, may I just say that you look exquisite in the daylight." Mike gushed smoothly, just as El had slipped a t-shirt on.  

"Flattery will not convince me to stay, Mike Wheeler." She proclaimed with a stern point of her finger.

"Oh, I know. I just didn't want to pass up a chance to let you know how incredibly beautiful you are."

El swore she could've melted right then and there after hearing him say something so sweet. She turned back around in an instant, finding him staring at her so lovingly that it weakened her resolve on the spot.

"Who am I kidding? Five more minutes really can't hurt." She gave in, rushing back over to claim her spot from before.

Her mouth quickly found his, delivering a searing kiss to his lips.

"Glad you changed your mind." Mike beamed, slipping his arms right back around her. "Now, let's cuddle."

Once El had left for work, Mike made his way back over to his place. He had a couple of classes today, his first one being about an hour and a half later, so he didn't have to rush.

Mike took his sweet time, whipping up a decent sized breakfast for one, before showering and getting dressed for the day. He then got his things together and headed off to school.

He arrived on campus just in time, though he had to park further than he would've liked to. With an unfortunate sigh, he set off on the long walk, at least feeling grateful that the weather was nice.

He eventually fell in with the small crowd along the sidewalk, all the while, still reeling from the night before. Even throughout his first class of the day, as his professor droned on and on about material that he usually showed interest in, all he could think about was El.

Even on the way to his next class, she was still lingering around in his head. Luckily though, he managed to snap out of it long enough to notice Dustin sitting on a bench across the quad. He knew that he still had about twenty minutes until his class got started, so he figured he could stop and chat.

"Well, look who we have here." Mike spoke once he'd reached him, plopping down on the bench next to him. "I didn't think you would make it out of bed today."